Author Topic: Avast service stopped, please help.  (Read 2297 times)

mybrainisstew

Avast service stopped, please help.
« on: April 23, 2011, 03:18:40 AM »
When I click on avast to open up the interface it tells me that the Avast service has stopped and is in an inconsistent state. I can click on the fix now button and the start program button it gives me however when I do either nothing happens or I get the "program not responding" thing Windows likes to show. I'm using Windows Vista if that helps at all. What can I do to fix this problem the only other protection on my computer is windows firewall and Malwarebytes Anti Malware.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast service stopped, please help.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 03:45:02 AM »
Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).
If this does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?
The best things in life are free.

mybrainisstew

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 03:47:43 AM »
I have tried the repair function and that didn't work either. I also uninstalled and re-installed however without the reboots in between Any other suggestions while i try this again with the reboots?

EDIT: I tried the repair function again and for some reason it happened to work this time. Avast seems to be running as it should now. Ill post again if i need any further help. Thank you for the help good sir.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:53:02 AM by mybrainisstew »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 03:52:18 AM »
Please, upload (attach) the avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log
(or the shorter C:\Users\All Users\Alwil Software\Avast5\log\Setup.log).

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.
The best things in life are free.