Author Topic: Can no longer send gmail since upgrading to Avast 8 - PLEASE HELP!  (Read 3570 times)

DB7

Now that I upgraded to Avast 8, I can no longer SEND gmail using Eudora 7.1.0.9.  I can RECEIVE just fine, but can't send.  If I access my mail from a browser interface, I can both send and receive.  What's changed and how can I easily fix it so that all works seamlessly like it did with Avast 7???

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Can no longer send gmail since upgrading to Avast 8 - PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »
check your mail client account settings......when using avast 8 they should be at default settings and not changed as you had to do with avast 7

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
Please check that you have properly configured your smtp server in Eudora - according to the requirements of either your ISP or Google. For smtp.gmail.com, please check that SSL is enabled, and port is set to 465.

DB7

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 07:37:18 AM »
Per your recommendations, the smtp server is properly configured to use port 465, but since I've made that change, I'm now getting a "Server SSL Certificate rejected" notification and I still can't send email.  How, EXACTLY, do I remedy THIS problem?

avastAU