Author Topic: Task Manager Blocked  (Read 10180 times)

Kimiteshu

Re: Task Manager Blocked
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »
Is there any other scans you would like me to do that can help avast with their research?

I am currently doing a SUPERAntiSpyware and avast scan that can be added on here as well if you wish.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 06:40:04 PM »
Well I didn't think the taskmgr.exe was infected, but being blocked/intercepted as I mentioned earlier, which would account for it not being found to be infected by VT.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 11:51:14 PM »
Seems to be clean... The problem could be on registry.
If you can't open a clean task manager executable, I think the problem is on the registry.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 12:13:34 AM »
Try going to Kellys-Corner, and downloading number 51 right, and running iit.
If no luck, try number 113 left.
Caveat: I've not tried these particular fixes, have had no need, but have read good things about the site, and used some other fixes.
These files (or one of them), when run, will add/modify registry entries, which should re-enable the taskmanager.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 08:11:39 PM »
I am using a vista operating system and i've recently found out that I cannot access my Task Manager. I have tried every way of opening Task Manager that I am aware of but all I get is "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator".

I have downloaded your Avast anti virus software to see if there are any viruses that are on my system but all i found was false positives such as Track Mania decompression bombs and the Norton anti virus updater. I've found out that other antivirus software clashes with each other on the same system which may be causing these problems. The results of the scan came back with nothing else apart from these two problems but there were some files that couldn't be scanned due to the files being password protected. I'm worried that these files may be infected.

I'm also worried there may be an undetectable exe posing as a system file behind the scenes and I would like some advice on what to do.

Thank you.  :)