Author Topic: Can it be tested/installed into the Android Virtual Device Manager?  (Read 5783 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I have a Blackberry not an Android.
But I would be glad if I can test it into the Android Virtual Device Manager.
Is it possible?
If so, how to get the .apk setup file?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
Re: Can it be tested/installed into the Android Virtual Device Manager?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 01:03:04 PM »
Replied to your private message in email.

I think you will be able to install it by yourself, just a few hints:

- You probably want Virtual Device with Android 2.1, it's the fastest from supported ones.
- You need to start the Virtual Device first, after successful boot, you should see the common Android lock screen and you should be able to do everything with the Virtual Device as you would do with a phone (to some extent of course, you can't really call anyone from the Virtual Device obviously).
- Then you just invoke "adb install path-to-apk" from your command line, the adb is located in <android-sdk>/platform-tools directory. The application should then appear in the application list on the Virtual Device.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »
Replied to your private message in email.
Thanks.

I think you will be able to install it by yourself, just a few hints:

- You probably want Virtual Device with Android 2.1, it's the fastest from supported ones.
- You need to start the Virtual Device first, after successful boot, you should see the common Android lock screen and you should be able to do everything with the Virtual Device as you would do with a phone (to some extent of course, you can't really call anyone from the Virtual Device obviously).
- Then you just invoke "adb install path-to-apk" from your command line, the adb is located in <android-sdk>/platform-tools directory. The application should then appear in the application list on the Virtual Device.
I can't start the virtual device regardless I try...

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »
This seems to be a bug on the Android SDK side. Did you try any advice from here?

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=19084

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 10:45:25 PM »
After a long journey (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=88716.msg717094#msg717094) I've managed to run it copying the .ini file from the Android folder to the Users one.
Now I'm running avast for Android.

But I've received a task from Trevor to translate it quite in hurry...
I have a lot of work to do.

At least, some of avast team could take a look in the problem described in the link and help me helping here.