Author Topic: News about avast 6... well, not so new... Some of them could be fantastic!  (Read 71863 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
1. Autosandboxing. The AutoSandbox feature allows avast! to automatically run any suspicious program inside the avast! sandbox at the moment the program is executed. This ensures that no damage can be done to your operating system or your files.
Promised by Vlk.

2. SafeZone. SafeZone is a unique feature that allows you to run your trusted sessions shielded from the rest of the operating system. By switching to the SafeZone, you will get a clean desktop where you can manage your sensitive transactions (such as online shopping and banking) without the risk of being monitored by spyware or a key-logger.
Promised by pk.

Would this only be for browsers or for the entire desktop, I mean, you can install programs and the session would be dismissed afterwards. Does it "freeze" (virtualize) the browser or the entire desktop? If this is true, this is a FANTASTIC tool to test software, like it would be "freeze" tools (Wondershare, Returnil, Acronis...). Can you confirm how would it behave?
... Anyway... seems I'm dreaming too much...

3. Reset now button. Resetting program settings to their default values. This feature lets you reset the avast! settings to their default values. Please be careful as you will lose all your custom settings. This action cannot be undone.
Desired by tons of users! Thanks.

4. WebRep. This new version comes with an innovative module called avast! WebRep which allows you to view reputation ratings for each website that you visit and for your web search results. WebRep integrates with your browser so that you can view the ratings immediately. Already in beta test phase.

5. Sidebar gadget monitoring avast!. Windows gadget.

6. avast! Business Protection Administration Console. After logging in to the Administration Console, you will be able to see all of the computers that the Console has detected. You can then select the computers on which to install avast, either remotely or by email, and you can also define other jobs and schedule when they should be run, such as nightly scans of all managed computers.

7. Localized reports. Not only in English now!

More to come!  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Well... a few notes:
- you're mixing several products together (user-end / business editions)
- some of the features (such as SafeZone) will only be present in the paid versions
- the fact that something is in the translation package... doesn't make it 100% sure to appear in the program (could be delayed till some future version, could even be changed in between). Not that I have anything in particular on mind, just speaking generally... might be better to wait till the things are really done - and not be disappointed if they're not ;)

As for the SafeZone, I would guess it's something else than what you imagine, but I haven't seen it myself yet, so I better won't talk about it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Just that we love some kind of "secrets revelations" ;D
By the way, Igor. The translation is almost 50% done :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
this all will be in free or only in paid versions?
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Gargamel360

Re:
- some of the features (such as SafeZone) will only be present in the paid versions

12-es_csaj

Auto-Sandboxing in the Free? Or not?

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!

Re:
and that's all ? other things will be free?

autosandboxing - free
WebRep - free

Tech & Igor
Thanks for posting the news!

I think that this should help everyone!

ps. admins should stick this topic
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:17:06 PM by danny96 »
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Auto-Sandboxing in the Free? Or not?
Basic sandbox yes...

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
I not too sure about the reset button. If someone uses the settings right they shouldn't have to reset. I have avast just the way I want it and if the process cannot be undone I could lose all my settings. Not a good idea! Leave the reset button out (my opinion).
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Thnx Tech :)

So Secure Desktop is called SafeZone now. Btw it is good that we will finaly get a Reset option :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Aethec

Re: News about avast 6... well, not so new... Some of them could be fantastic!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 10:45:13 PM »
I don't understand that "SafeZone" thing. Is it virtualization, or rather a "secure" desktop like UAC does when prompting?

@Para-Noid >> Having a Reset button does not mean you'll be forced to do it  ;)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 11:00:34 PM »
Thnx Tech :)

So Secure Desktop is called SafeZone now. Btw it is good that we will finaly get a Reset option :)

Greetz, Red.
Hey Rednose...Ah heck!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

burleymr07

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »
cant wait for these :) the release probably wont be till summer right?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 11:32:34 PM »
I don't understand that "SafeZone" thing. Is it virtualization, or rather a "secure" desktop like UAC does when prompting?

@Para-Noid >> Having a Reset button does not mean you'll be forced to do it  ;)
Yeah...I know.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 11:47:39 PM »

Imagine it as a new desktop - you can switch from default desktop to secured desktop. This 2nd desktop is ideal for applications you'd like to isolate from the rest of already running applications in the system (windows/dialogs running on the 2nd desktop cannot be touched/read/monitored from the default one), etc. Good for web browsing, banking, shopping...

In the first version, the only app which can be executed there will be a special web browser. But we plan to support all other apps (however, this requires some GUI settings and this is not ready yet).