Author Topic: Repair Error 42060  (Read 32892 times)

pop pop

Repair Error 42060
« on: July 24, 2004, 10:29:06 AM »
I just started using Avast on our son's PC which is badly infected and infested. When I try to repair what it finds (e.g.,  Ruldor and Trojano-169) I get the above error message. What is that?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re:Repair Error 42060
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 10:35:18 AM »
It means: File was not repaired - because it was a trojan or a worm, so delete those files.

list of avast! error codes: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=5719;start=msg42518#msg42518

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 10:46:07 AM »
I suspect that there are not only viruses on that system. I suggest you click on the link in my signature and follow the steps there to entirely clean the system.

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 03:59:50 AM »
Thanks gentlemen.  Interesting, Avast detects Trojans but cannot/does not repair them. So is the standard protocol to "delete" them when Avast anounces their presence? BTW, I'm impressed so far with Avast. I'm a long time NAV user but I've wanted to check out Avast and the son moving back in gave us the opportunity.

Artras,

Thank you for the suggestion. I did that along with a number of other things with help from the wonderful people at PCGuide. There were 800+ SPYware/malware objects, a dozen or so Trojans, three keyloggers, five autodialers, webpage hijackers, and around eight viruses! I ran cwshredder, SPYBOT S&D, Ad-Aware, TrojanHunter, and HJT -- all a couple of times. I then installed SPYWARE BLASTER and a firewall. There's a few things left to clean but it's managerable now.

It makes no sense to me that a seemingly bright young man would put a completely unprotected and undefended PC on the net and then go wallowing in some very slimy websites. Needless to say, he's not getting on my home wireless network.

bloozbayb

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 04:08:50 AM »
It means: File was not repaired - because it was a trojan or a worm, so delete those files.

I got that error too (for gaobot-222 worm repair).  Does anybody know whether it will just be deleting the worm, or if it will be deleting the file infected by the worm?  My wording said:  "file abc has been infected by GaoBot-222 [Wrm]" then the options to repair / delete / move / ignore.  I exited, since it wasn't clear what exactly would be deleted, and I was afraid to delete some important file.  I can't find any references to what I should do or what the screen means.  Can anybody help?

gaetano83

Re: Repair Error 42060
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »
aiuto!!! non riesco a correggere l'errore 42060!!! che devo fare????

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Repair Error 42060
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »
aiuto!!! non riesco a correggere l'errore 42060!!! che devo fare????

google translate
elp! I can not fix the error 42060! I have to do
42060 AVAST_REPAIR_NOTREPAIRED      [File was not repaired]

are you trying to repair an infected file?