Author Topic: Stable enought ?  (Read 3657 times)

Mr.Agent

Stable enought ?
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »
Is it stable enought for a gaming pc/home ? Please respond as im worrying ;) Also good job to ALWIL. I think you made very a reputation of your product.

spg SCOTT

Re: Stable enought ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »
I was reluctant to install it up until now also, for various reasons (one being that this is a shared pc...) and I have installed it today. I feel that if ALWIL feel that it is stable enough for release, then I trust them. And so far it has been BRILLIANT :D

-Scott-

Mr.Agent

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:13:47 PM »
So far its look like seriously. Wow i think my day is the best one.

coolsilver

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 04:21:36 AM »
I've been able to game quite well with the beta. I would say it is quite stable enough on most systems.

pinnacle

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:26:51 AM »
I've been able to game quite well with the beta. I would say it is quite stable enough on most systems.
I concur stable as can be regarding gaming.

Offline sg09

• Current Technology Discounts
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 05:28:40 AM »
Avast 5 consumes smaller CPU & Memory usage compared to v4.8. Moreover it has a silent/Gaming mode even in the free version. This will help stopping alerts during gaming. But you have to start the gaming mode manually. At that time decisions will be taken by avast.
Anyone who knows how to loose can certainly learn how to win.

coolsilver

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 05:50:26 AM »
Yes I agree by comparison it takes up little memory at all for avast service process. Service host... not sure if it is any larger or smaller but looks fairly normal sized.

As with beta versions, outside of bugs.... I never notice a performance difference with 4.8 than 5. But I can say for the added features it feels like my system is running free unlike with other AV suites I have used and installed on others machines before.