Author Topic: Bug report with mozilla firefox (boomarks invisible after cold start)  (Read 2319 times)

Offline boombastik

Ok i will make it simple:
When i cold start my machines (windows 7 64) and then i open my mozilla i take this:

When i restart my mozilla i take this:

As you see in the first one photo the bar dont show the bookmarks.
This problem exist in all version of windows vista and above and only after a cold start of any machine.

In previus version (before 2014) this problem can be fixes easily with this:
disable Monitor the system for unauthorised modifications in behaviour shield but now in 2014 we cant.

I found that if i disable the execution protection also it solves the problem but i lost a big part of this security program.

This problem exist and has nothing to do with repair or reinstall.
Someone staff of avast is better to  see this because if it exists in mozilla maybe has some bad effects in another programms.
Thnks for ur time.

Offline boombastik

Re: Bug report with mozilla firefox (boomarks invisible after cold start)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »
Avast+mozilla+addblockedge= this problem

If i use
avast+mozilla+addblcockplus i have this problem rare.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Bug report with mozilla firefox (boomarks invisible after cold start)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »
I have this problem with only one profile on Win 7, while a clone of this same profile on WinXP never has the problem.  All profiles have AdBlock Plus installed, so I don't think that it's that.  On the Win 7 machine I have 4 profiles across 3 users, and on the WinXP machine there are 8 profiles across 6 users.

The Bookmarks Toolbar is shown but sometimes doesn't populate with the bookmarks.  Usually, restarting Firefox corrects the issue.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
Hello,

please could you check whether the issue is still there with the latest Avast 2014.9.0.2021? We are not able to reproduce it.

Thank you for cooperation.