Author Topic: Message comes up saying my 16 bits evidence grime slowing my PC? And to optimize  (Read 3163 times)

Avast332

I did a Google search and seen threads thus far I don't like the feed back. I don't want to optimize my comp or whatever. Nor do I want this grime fighter thing. How can I avoid avast from ever giving my computer it. My comp is working fine and from what I seen of this grime fighter thing in previous threads when I did a Google search peoples are having problems with it.

I am curious though what the heck does this thing do and why are we being offered it?

Secondly I hope it doesn't automatically download it onto my comp cause I don't want it. Please let me know and when Avast decides to update itself if it's gonna go on my comp this ''grime fighter'' cause I don't want it.

I usually wait for avast to update it self because the last time I tried updating it my self when it said it's time to update the latest version it caused me to download something else with it. I a program that came with avast update I forgot what it was called but either way I got rid of that. But what I hear about this grime fighter thing is all negative feedback when I did my Google search.

So yeah if someone can let me know what is going on and answer my above questions I will appreciate it. Thank you. By the way I been a paying customer of avast for years now. My paid version has been great why is it  offering me things like this. I don't want it. Anyways yeah please let me know if anyone has any input they can give  on my post. I greatly appreciate any info.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:43:43 AM by Avast332 »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Firstly, always chose to do a "CUSTOM" Installation. That way you can chose what you want to install and not install.
Secondly, I suggest reading here>http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=63.0
There are numerous topics and comments/information that may assist you.
Personally, I suggest you read as much as possible and make sure you fully understand what Grimefighter does and is it reliable. :)

Avast332

@schmidthouse

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. And I'll be sure to read that now.

But one final question. Usually Avast will eventually update it self. Does that mean it's gonna put this grime fighter program onto my PC automatically? Or it won't. That is my main concern at the moment.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
@schmidthouse

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. And I'll be sure to read that now.

But one final question. Usually Avast will eventually update it self. Does that mean it's gonna put this grime fighter program onto my PC automatically? Or it won't. That is my main concern at the moment.

I'm not sure as stuff happens.
It should not install anything that wasn't chosen when updating through GUI but always watch closely for "custom" install option.
In any case, you can always go to Control Panel/ Programs&Features (add and remove)/ Choose Avast  then Change, to uninstall Grimefighter if it mysteriously appears.

Avast332

alright thank you

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
You're welcome. :)