Author Topic: Solved-Problem with the avast's icon  (Read 4331 times)

Syd_Cymbaline

Solved-Problem with the avast's icon
« on: January 16, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »
Hi to everyone, I'm sorry for the bad english but I'm italian, I don't fount resolutions to my problem so I try to ask here, hope you could help :)

Since two day (after a virus infection) my avast icon, in the application bar, is change into this (looks grainy) I wonder why?

After that infection I don't report another one, I also try to unistall e reinstall avast but the icon is alway strange, is another virus? How can I solve this situation? :( :(

Thanks to all in advance for the answer, hope that my english is comprehensible

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:31:26 PM by Syd_Cymbaline »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Problem with the avast's icon
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »
try avast repair and reboot

For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Check for malware with this

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware  http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
always update so you have the latest signatures before you scan
click on the remove selected  button to quarantine anything found

post the scan log here

YoKenny

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »
What operating system and Service Pack level are you running  ???

What is the resolution of your monitor ???

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
This is how the icon looks like if your screen resolution has low colors (256, let's say).
Or, personally I see this when I log in to the computer via Remote Desktop (and it stays that way afterwards)... I guess it's a feature :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »
Seen this before in the forums and the problem for that user was the graphics/display settings being 16bit or something like that I believe.

What are the other icons in the tray like ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Syd_Cymbaline

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »
My operating system is windows vista home premium 32bit (original) and I'm running the free avast.

The resolution of my monitor is 1366x768, colors 32 bit so isn't a problem of resolution I think, the others icons are normal, as always.

I don't know exactly how work Remote Desktop but the virus that I had opened a page full screen, and blocked the real desktop, could be this two things related?

Anyway I'm running Malwarebytes and when it end, I'm going to post the scan log here, I hope that it finds something :(

Really thanks to all for the answers :D

ady4um

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 08:21:37 PM »
At least for a test, you should try setting the display to:

1024x768 x32bit (4294967296 colors) x 96 DPI (dots per inch, fonts).

Then try (for testing):

1024x768 x16bit (65536 colors) x 96 DPI (dots per inch, fonts).

Your screen may turn to something "not nice". Don't worry about it. Just look at the tray icon, and then return to your original screen / display settings and the screen and your desktop will be fine.

If this testing configuration will display the tray icon correctly, then you would know it is about one of those settings, so you can narrow down the problem.

Please report back.

Syd_Cymbaline

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 08:36:19 PM »
Solved! I turned the screen in a lower resolution and I've come back to my usually resolution and now the icon is normal! (Anyway Malwarebytes doesn't report any virus so it's all right)
Thanks very very much to everyone :)

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »
You could go back to your first post and modify the subject to SOLVED

I see you are in the capable hands of giogio in the Italian area of the forum.