Author Topic: Sandbox setting  (Read 9394 times)

Kennybo

Sandbox setting
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:05:46 AM »
I recently upgraded to the 6.0.1 version of Avast and the first game I have on my computer that I opened after upgrading, I was asked if I wanted to run the game in "Sandbox" mode.  I said yes and set it to automatic.  When the game opened it doesn't run like it should now but instead is all jumpy and hesitates.  How can I turn the sandbox setting off for this game?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Sandbox setting
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »
I assume you have installed free version of avast. You have to open the GUI(left click once on avast tray icon) > additional protection > settings > delete the file you added to sandbox(see picture-follow the numbers.)> click OK.

Next time, when it asks whether to sandbox, do not sandbox.

Kennybo

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:19:28 PM »
I don't know why you would assume I downloaded the free version as I actually upgraded to the full version after a 30 day trial.  But anyway, your recommendation did work. Thanks

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:27:56 PM »
With the Pro version, you should have full sandbox controls - Try running the game again, it may ask again, if it does you can elect to run Normally.

You should be able to right click on the games executable file and choose not to run sandboxed

If it goes right into the sandbox, then you are going to have to check your sandbox settings and see if it is listed to run in the sandbox always. Or add it to the Expert settings, Exclusions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »
But anyway, your recommendation did work. Thanks

You're welcome.