Author Topic: i can not start my avst!  (Read 2480 times)

choa16

i can not start my avst!
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:22:43 AM »
My avast! can't be turned on for some reason. it says "UNSECURED" then when i click "FIX NOW" nothing happens. there might be some sort of infection that has happened. but i don't remember what the name of the infection was. i have already tried several other antiviruses, but they all had the same problems, i tried malwarebytes too, but it said there was no infections. please help

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: i can not start my avst!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:47:24 AM »
Try running an avast repair via uninstall programs, click avast then click uninstall - when you get the popup scroll to repair and reboot when completed.

You should also run removal tools for all other AV's you have tried in the past, removal tools can be found here http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

choa16

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:04:01 AM »
okay i will do so. thanks for replying.

choa16

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »
oh, and when i look into the "scan computer" tab, and to the sub-tab "scan now" i can't see anything besides the images for scanning, disk scanning and etc.

choa16

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 09:10:16 AM »
hi craigb,
 repairing and rebooting seem to have no effect. i don't know what else i could do..

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »
If the repair function has no affect then you'll have to do a full clean install of avast, download and save if not already the latest avast and the latest removal tool http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe

Proceed to uninstall avast normally ( if not able to uninstall run tool straight from safemode ) then reboot to safe mode and run tool for all versions of avast ever installed, once completed reboot back to normal mode and install the avast download that was saved earlyer.

Remember to untick the two google chrome boxes on first screen during install if you dont want it ;) when completed register and reboot.