Author Topic: How to stop avast from blocking the file?  (Read 38437 times)

kaboose

Re: How to stop avast from blocking the file?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 01:51:30 AM »
Can you tell us the path where this file was detected?

Also, you say you know that this file was there for long time. How do you know that?

According to what I found out, It should be related to a game.

you have to give us all details. : What is the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ?

Also upload the file to vt and rescan the file. don't give the link to old scan report.

nmb

aite am sure path has nothing to do wid this but since u really insisting here it is: C:\Documents and Settings\Desi\Desktop\Current
i gave u the VT link before but here it is again: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/dfbf62a69c89e6890379acc783c5b537fc0a4a6289d123cfa05ab289db9d255d-1275295732
Infected file name: SSWv5.11.dll .. use that for cs wall hacks

kaboose

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 01:52:59 AM »
The latest result is 19 detections http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/dfbf62a69c89e6890379acc783c5b537fc0a4a6289d123cfa05ab289db9d255d-1275295732 as at 2010.05.31 08:48:52 so there is something suspicious in what this file does as most of the detections are either generic (.gen) or heuristic (suspicious/sus).

So what game does this file belong to ?

A google search for the SSWv5.11.dll file (Super Simple Wall ?) returns some that associate it with a games hack (which can come with unwelcome guests).

indeed it is wall hacks ... so please help me out wid how i can stop avast from not detecting it since it just started happening .. never happenened before :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 02:17:15 AM »
There are many (19/41) in the VT results that consider this at the very least suspicious. Many hacks/cracks are the subject of malware.

Why it hasn't happened before isn't unusual as new signatures and modifications to generic signatures are likely to detect new or previously undetected malware.

Read the first reply O made on this topic on how to exclude it from scans, though this isn't something I would recommend in this case with so many detections in the VT results, but the choice and risk of doing so have to be yours.

The file should be sent to avast for further analysis:
Send the sample to avast as a possible False Positive:
Open the chest and right click on the file and select 'Submit to virus lab...' complete the form and submit, the file will be uploaded during the next update.

Periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the File System Shield and avast Settings, exclusions lists.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 06:00:26 AM »
You will receive no help from for such foolish things. How blind people are. using tools which create backdoors in their pc. Download trojans etc. Later when everything is gone, come here and start campaign against avast!

nmb

kaboose

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 06:56:11 AM »
You will receive no help from for such foolish things. How blind people are. using tools which create backdoors in their pc. Download trojans etc. Later when everything is gone, come here and start campaign against avast!

nmb

then y bother replyin ? .. as i said i knw its not a virus .. all i wanna knw is how can i stop the file from being detected as a virus ... Welcome to my world!

kaboose

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 06:57:45 AM »
There are many (19/41) in the VT results that consider this at the very least suspicious. Many hacks/cracks are the subject of malware.

Why it hasn't happened before isn't unusual as new signatures and modifications to generic signatures are likely to detect new or previously undetected malware.

Read the first reply O made on this topic on how to exclude it from scans, though this isn't something I would recommend in this case with so many detections in the VT results, but the choice and risk of doing so have to be yours.

The file should be sent to avast for further analysis:
Send the sample to avast as a possible False Positive:
Open the chest and right click on the file and select 'Submit to virus lab...' complete the form and submit, the file will be uploaded during the next update.

Periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the File System Shield and avast Settings, exclusions lists.

as i mentioned i have already sent it as falso positive and regarding the previous reply on how to exclude ... wht i did is i went to settings>exclusion>Added the file ... but still it keeps on detecting it so not sure wht to do further

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »
Then you need to read my instructions again as you haven't excluded the file where it is being detected, the File System Shield as all you have done is exclude it from on-demand scans.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 07:11:08 PM »
@ kaboose

You need to re-read DavidR's posts as he is a 6 star general when using avast!