Author Topic: Avast Suite not scanning outbound email with Outlook 2007 and Commodo Plugin  (Read 5335 times)

olejnikster

Something I've just noticed recently when sending emails by Outlook 2007. I use Avast Suite on my laptop and do emailing through Outlook 2007. Everything worked fine from the get go and when messages were outbound and inbound, they all had a clean notification attached to them at the bottom. Recently after I installed an Outlook 2007 plug-in from Commodo to aid in digital signing through certificate, I don't have the outbound clean message attached at the bottom of emails that are signed sent. So does that mean Avast is not scanning my outbound emails? The inbound emails are scanned and noted as before at the bottom of each email. How can this be corrected or remedied?

olejnikster

Something I've just noticed recently when sending emails by Outlook 2007. I use Avast Suite on my laptop and do emailing through Outlook 2007. Everything worked fine from the get go and when messages were outbound and inbound, they all had a clean notification attached to them at the bottom. Recently after I installed an Outlook 2007 plug-in from Commodo to aid in digital signing through certificate, I don't have the outbound clean message attached at the bottom of emails that are signed sent. So does that mean Avast is not scanning my outbound emails? The inbound emails are scanned and noted as before at the bottom of each email. How can this be corrected or remedied?
BUMP ..anyone?

YoKenny

Don't use Commodo plug-in with Avast Suite.

olejnikster

Don't use Commodo plug-in with Avast Suite.

..oh ok..that helps. maybe time to switch antivirus too. just when i convinced my whole family to use and some friends..hummm thanks..

YoKenny

Stick around as DavidR and essexboy are on your side of the pond and they are the best supporters of avast!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Since avast already has a plug-in for Outlook by adding another one from comodo you are likely to suffer some sort of conflict.

That is the longer answer to YoKenny's post.

Unfortunately I don't use Outlook, nor the AIS, so I can't be any practical help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
I would concur with the conflict scenario - if the inbound are being marked then the conflict occurs when both Avast and comodo try to check the outgoing mail, does comodo sign the e-mails ?

olejnikster

Maybe to underline where things are at. The comodo plugin is the one for managing the digital certificate signature to sent/or encrypted also emails(like PGP plugin). It is solely used for confirmation of identity of the sender ,and recipient assurence of received email integrity/privacy. Yes, I can also confirm that the sent emails are digitally signed on the recipient's end.

k.u.r.t

olejnikster: just to confirm your suspicion about a conflict scenario: have you tried disabling the comodo plugin temporarily to see whether that alone fixes your issue? I would start from there. Once you confirm this hypothesis I can escalate this issue to the responsible person in our team who will then get back to you.

olejnikster

olejnikster: just to confirm your suspicion about a conflict scenario: have you tried disabling the comodo plugin temporarily to see whether that alone fixes your issue? I would start from there. Once you confirm this hypothesis I can escalate this issue to the responsible person in our team who will then get back to you.

Tried on the hypothesis. After disabling the  Comodo digital signature plugin, yes there was a placement at the bottom of avast outbound message clean, email was not digitally signed. Upon enabling the Comodo plugin no outbound scanned message as before, email was digitally signed then. No other plugins were installed outside of the office 2007 packet plugins included as standard also.

k.u.r.t

Re: Avast Suite not scanning outbound email with Outlook 2007 and Commodo Plugin
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »
ok, will pass on the info ... thanks for reporting it.

olejnikster

Re: Avast Suite not scanning outbound email with Outlook 2007 and Commodo Plugin
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 02:42:39 AM »
ok, thanks for all your support guys