Author Topic: avast! & Panda  (Read 13403 times)

rdmaloyjr

avast! & Panda
« on: July 03, 2010, 05:40:58 PM »
I've read that Panda Cloud av can now be run along side any av.

So far, Panda Cloud Free is quietly & smoothly along side avast! 5 Free.

What happens if they both detect a virus at the same time ???

What happens if Immunet & avast! 5 both detect a virus at the same time ???

I only have avast! 5 & Panda Cloud Free on my system.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast! & Panda
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 05:51:24 PM »
Now? Some time ago it wasn't compatible...

There is always a problematic issue when two residents detect and block virus... They could conflict.
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »

So far, Panda Cloud Free is quietly & smoothly along side avast! 5 Free.

What happens if Immunet & avast! 5 both detect a virus at the same time ???

I only have avast! 5 & Panda Cloud Free on my system.

gdiloren has already test Panda Cloud and he wasn't very happy see post http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60935.msg516455#msg516455
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

gdiloren

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 06:12:29 PM »
Yes, Indeed I uninstalled Panda Cloud on my Vista PC with great trouble and I'm having a hell of a bad time uninstalling Immunet 2 from my XP PC since Legacy registry items drivers are undeletable. Am trying to redownload/uninstall again, just in case. Cloud AV are AV so you decide:Avast or them!!! :D

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
Cloud AV are AV so you decide:Avast or them!!! :D

As of now, I will always pick avast...!! ;)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
I have never been a convert of cloud AVs of any flavour, perhaps being a dial-up user I have concerns about the bandwidth it uses, despite some assurances it is minimal (on dial-up you are already working on minimal).

My other concern and especially so with Panda, it's on-line AV scanner version was a pain in the ar** dumping unencrypted signatures in system folders and it doesn't seem like they have gotten out of the unencrypted signatures habit with the cloud scanner either. The only change seems to be they now place them in memory for avast to detected depending on the users avast settings and scan choice.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 08:29:50 PM »
since Legacy registry items drivers are undeletable.
You need to get property of the registry keys.
I do with the old Registrar Lite 2.0 application. It became a shareware now, changed its name, but the old and good works like a charm. I can delete legacy keys.
Oh, you need to run with admin rights :)
http://freewareapp.com/registrar-lite_download/
http://www.winaddons.com/registrar-lite-20/

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 11:54:02 PM »
I was just taking Panda Cloud for a test drive.

I have uninstalled Panda Cloud, no problem uninstalling

& seems a clean removal.

I'm very happy with avast! 5. :)

I'm doing my best to ignore the ugly "a" ball. ::)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 09:27:41 AM »

It won't kill you that orange 'a' ball is your Avast bodyguard protection your PC 24/7 round the clock, you should be very great-full that  'a' ball is keeping you out of trouble ;)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »

It won't kill you that orange 'a' ball is your Avast bodyguard protection your PC 24/7 round the clock, you should be very great-full that  'a' ball is keeping you out of trouble ;)

I'm very happy with avast! 5. :)

Dch48

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 11:33:41 PM »
since Legacy registry items drivers are undeletable.
You need to get property of the registry keys.
I do with the old Registrar Lite 2.0 application. It became a shareware now, changed its name, but the old and good works like a charm. I can delete legacy keys.
Oh, you need to run with admin rights :)
http://freewareapp.com/registrar-lite_download/
http://www.winaddons.com/registrar-lite-20/

I've never found the legacy keys to cause any problems so I don't worry about them. The drivers they point to are never present on the system any more in my experience.

My concern with using a cloud AV like Panda, even though PCMag now rates it as the best of the free products in infection prevention, is that what happens if the cloud servers go offline? That could occur due to technical or hardware problems, power outages, or targeted attacks by hackers. You would have no protection if it happened.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 03:03:18 AM »
My concern with using a cloud AV like Panda, even though PCMag now rates it as the best of the free products in infection prevention, is that what happens if the cloud servers go offline? That could occur due to technical or hardware problems, power outages, or targeted attacks by hackers. You would have no protection if it happened.
Like everything in the Internet...
There are redundancy and backup, but you can have a blackout of security.

SafeSurf

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »
I use a paid cloud AV (PrevX) with no issues working along side Avast.  However I agree with Tech, that you need to have off-line back up with an on-demand scanner(s) as a just in case scenerio.   I also believe in a layered protection of security as long as you don't over do it and have software conflict.

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 04:06:19 PM »
Like everything in the Internet...
There are redundancy and backup, but you can have a blackout of security.

I'm not an advocate of Panda Cloud, but it is good to have a wide variety of FREE av's, fw's, as's & other security apps.

I like to keep informed & sometimes try other security softwares.

That said, Panda Cloud does have off-line protection, I don't know the extent of it.

Panda's forum can't be read without joining. ::)

timcan

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 04:35:48 PM »