Author Topic: Some shields disabled... turn off notifications?  (Read 2616 times)

avoidz

Some shields disabled... turn off notifications?
« on: September 12, 2010, 02:36:42 PM »
Hi, I installed all the shield modules, but decided afterwards to disable permanently a couple of them (Mail, P2P). Now avast! is showing warnings about these two shields. I know I disabled them and don't want them back right now... How do I stop avast! displaying the alerts? Or do I have to go back to the installer and remove the modules manually?

Cheers.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Some shields disabled... turn off notifications?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 04:15:14 PM »
1. AvastUI, Settings, Status Bar, uncheck the ones you don't want avast to monitor (see image, click to expand). However, if you don't use an application that is covered by the Shield, why not uninstall the shield.

2. Personally I thing it a mistake to disable/uninstall the Mail Shield even if don't use an email program, but use web mail viewed through your browser. In fact I would suggest you leave it installed as it isn't using resources unless it is actually running and I would go further to suggest that you set the sensitivity to High. The reasoning for this is, if you have a trojan spambot (they have their own SMTP program), which has got past your defences, either undetected or hidden; then your first indication could be the alerts from the Mail Shield of this activity.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security