Author Topic: html:iframe-inf  (Read 35660 times)

m00ndogg

html:iframe-inf
« on: February 04, 2009, 06:56:58 AM »
Aloha from Maui,

My girlfriends PC (I'm protected with Avast and lovin' it!) got infected.
She has MicroTrend OfficeScan but it seems to be infected as well.
I installed Avast and it found LOTS of infected files in the Trend folder and scattered in lots of other folders.

Troj_vundo.bcd, Troj_Dropper.aok, Troj_Renos.eo, Trojan:win32/Tibs.gen!ldr, TrojanDownloader:win32/cutwail.s, TrojanDropper:win32/cutwail.AG, Win32:Rootkit-gen [RTK]

Those seem to have been resolved, but the stubborn one is HTML:Iframe-inf.
At least a dozen boot scans, but it still tries to connect to Malicious sites like IRC.ZIEF.PL and KRASPA.COM.
I've tried MS Malicious software removal tools, MS Defender and Avast.  NOW WHAT?

graveash

Re: html:iframe-inf
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:24:07 AM »

m00ndogg

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:30:02 AM »
Thank you VERY much for the quick reply graveash!

I had already read that post because its true that one symptom is the same
(pc trying to connect to irc.zief.pl), but I dont have the virut.h infection.
I have downloaded and will try Dr. Web 'Launch.exe' - Maybe that will solve everything, I'll let you know tomorrow....

Forgive me for being nieve, but...

1. I guess I was hoping for an Avast based solution.  You know, like an 'html:iframe-inf removal tool'.
2. At least one other mention of html:iframe-inf.  Am I the only one who is seeing this?  Is it really something else that is at the heart of it all?

Thanks again.

graveash

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:11:20 PM »
The link I sent you to was having the exact same problem. The iframe-inf was being added by the infection to every webpage. I would recomend scanning your computer here http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner to confirm if it is indeed a virut infection.

Welcome to the forums m00ndogg
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:19:57 PM by graveash »