Author Topic: Windows Live Mail + Hotmail & Avast  (Read 5070 times)

cadremis

Windows Live Mail + Hotmail & Avast
« on: September 10, 2010, 02:41:14 AM »
Any one here is using Windows Live Mail with a hotmail account checked by Avast 5.0.677?

My problem is that there was a double black out in my house and suddenly muy new computer does not want to turn on again, I will have to wait for my next pay check in order to send it to repair and I had Windows Live Mail + hotmail account there scanned by Avast.

What I don't remember is that pop & smtp ports used by hotmail in order to be scanned by Avast...

Can you help?

rm

cadremis

Re: Windows Live Mail + Hotmail & Avast
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 04:27:38 AM »
Forget about this, I found the way to this...rm

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 05:41:38 AM »
Hi cadremis, i use these two program's and would like to know the setting's to have it scanned by avast if you could please.

cadremis

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:11:13 PM »
I did it this way.

Add a new e-mail account in Window Live Mail accounts.

1.-Write your hotmail account your password (check mark remember password) and then your desired name to appear in your e-mails, then check mark where it says mannually define settings for the account (I'm translating what I see since I have everything in Spanish)
2.- use pop3.live.com  port 110
3.- use smtp.live.com  port 587
(Do not check mark any SSL Secure conection)
4.- Finish the settings and close.
5.-Go back to tools/accounts and select the hotmail account and open it, open the servers tab and check mark My server requires authentication.
6.-Go to the advanced tab and move to 5 minutes where it says time to wait for the server.
7.-Then clic apply and ok(accept)

Try to send and receive mail with this account, Avast "a" should spin when you send and receive e-mails in this account.

Same settings work with MSN, Hotmail, and Live accounts from hotmail... I set up 3 different MSN, Hotmail and live accounts that I have for different things.

Tks.rm

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »
thank's cadremis i'll give it a go.