Author Topic: How to set up PERMANENT boot-time scan  (Read 4499 times)

blast

How to set up PERMANENT boot-time scan
« on: March 15, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »
Hi all,

As the topic said ,do you guy's know how to set up PERMANENTLY boot-time scan on avast or is it just impossible?

thx, ;)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: How to set up PERMANENT boot-time scan
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
There's no such option in avast!.
The boot-time scanner is meant for cases when you suspect something is wrong; it takes quite a lot of time, so running it on every boot would slow down the usual work unacceptably.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 01:30:05 PM »
As Igor said, there is no need for that... what do you want exactly? The resident providers will protect you all the time, no need for boot time scanning each time.
Welcome to avast forums.
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 02:01:01 PM »
Apart from what has already been said, avast does run scans whilst your system is booting, check the Scanned count: in the Standard Shield provided details and you will see that it does scan at boot but not, the complete system as in a pre windows boot-time scan. A boot-time scan takes some considerable time as not to be practical for every boot.

Is there something specific that you are trying to achieve in wanting to do this ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

liverpoolrc

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »

Hi, i just read this thread and i'm looking for something similar. Basically i've been infected with Sdbot.gen and my system is riddled right now. I installed avast home edition and rebooted where it began to do a complete system scan but i esc'd as i was in the middle of something, thinking that Avast would do a complete system scan the next time i rebooted but it hasn't! - which leads me to believe that it only does it the first time its installed? - my question is: is there anyway of getting AVAST to do this complete scan again - like over night - was looking at the system settings and there doesn't seem to be an option to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help of ideas?
liverpoolrc

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 02:33:53 PM »
The boot-time scan is a one shot deal, to be scheduled for the next boot when required.

The boot-time scan isn't designed for always on as it would infuriate users waiting the completion of the scan, but as a one time selection to overcome issues where the regular scan can't deal with it. For instance, files in use, files in locations protected by windows, etc. so there is a specific purpose for running the boot-time scan, you can also change what it scans also the default action it takes relevant to the task/problem.

Right click the avast icon, select Start avast! Antivirus, Menu, 'Schedule boot-time scan...' Or see http://www.digitalred.com/avast-boot-time.php
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security