Author Topic: User's FAQ  (Read 264229 times)

happyday

Re: User's FAQ
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2011, 03:19:42 AM »
Hello, Could you please start a post about problems with putting viruses into the chest.?  I found a Malware Trojan and tried to put it into my virus chest, but avast took a really long time to try to process this.  I thought the avast was stuck, so I quit avast and scanned my computer again.  The Scan Now function did not locate this malware, so I scanned the entire volume on my Mac Hard Drive.  When I located the virus in the scanner display, I had difficulty sending all the files to the virus chest because avast did not process them all.  I don't know why.  ??? ??? ???
I have the blue ball avast MacEdition.  I just installed the new license and started using it.  I am concerned about whether this virus is on my computer.  My computer said it found 9 viruses, but I can't seem to locate them all to put them in the virus chest???  Thanks

ColinT

« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »
My Network Shield has just stopped and won't restart?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »
My Network Shield has just stopped and won't restart?
Try a repair through remove programs.

alcenir josé da silva

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »
Hello, good morning. I've been through this, request information about the purchase made on 1 January this year, the official website of Avast, Intrnet of securit. I see no email was sent to me and not even the product. I would like to send me information about what happened. Well, I need urgent information to be able to install antivirus original and paid on my computers. Sincerely, John Doe Alcenir.

alcenir josé da silva

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »
I do not know what estaacontecendo with the site. is that some kind of Hachem who is releasing these offers and cheating? Well, I would like to send me information as soon posssivel.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »
alcenir,

Please send a mail to sales@avast.com with your query regarding the purchase (Better use the same email id which you used while buying the product.) They will do the needful.

alcenir josé da silva

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »
Agradeço muito pela ajuda. Aguardo respostas do Avast.Bom dia.

zombie_massacre

« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2012, 02:58:31 AM »
???Hi i've just registered with Avast forums and i'm not sure where to post this!  so here goes... i've recently bought a new laptop with windows vista on it and have installed Avast - however it keeps coming up that windows firewall is switched off.  i switch it on - then the next time i switch my laptop on its always switched off!  i've read somewhere that avast isn't a firewall program so would anybody know what is conflicting with windows firewall to make it keep switching off? i've scanned all my drives using avast for viruses and it hasn't found any.  my old laptop had XP and windows firewall was always fine with avast.  Could anyone help? 
This happened to me twice. It has nothing to do with AVAST but with I think a bug in Vista computers. There is a certain window in Control Panel where it works while activating Windows Firewall by any other mean won't work. Be sure to use this window panel:
does this work if avast isnt protecting your system at all no matter how may times you hit "fix now" and allow the program, and also switching on avast but saying that the system shield is missing, please help, ive had avast with xp but now it just not working.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2012, 03:19:23 AM »
does this work if avast isnt protecting your system at all no matter how may times you hit "fix now" and allow the program, and also switching on avast but saying that the system shield is missing, please help, ive had avast with xp but now it just not working.
I suggest an installation from scratch (step 4 is very important):

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. (Optional) If you want, save your avast! settings for later restoration (Settings > Maintenance > Back up).
4. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
5. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1 in Safe Mode. Boot after you've run it. Repeat this for any major avast! version you have ever installed/upgraded in your computer.
6. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
7. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
8. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

Arun GK

« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »
Can avast include any tool in its next free version which blocks those sites from loading which contains contents inappropriate for children

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »
Use OpenDNS.com DNS servers as it has a dashboard function that you can block multiple different categories of sites.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »
Can avast include any tool in its next free version which blocks those sites from loading which contains contents inappropriate for children
it can....but i am not sure they are going to

sett up your router (or computer) with openDNS

http://www.opendns.com/.      http://www.opendns.com/home-solutions

video. http://d2v7u03x06aro3.cloudfront.net/videos/tutorials/basic.mp4
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:19:12 PM by Pondus »

biddymay

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2012, 10:39:10 AM »
I have avast provirus 6 on one laptop and have just purchased a second laptop.  Does this antivirus cover the second computer or do I have to purchase another antivirus protection?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
I have avast provirus 6 on one laptop and have just purchased a second laptop.  Does this antivirus cover the second computer or do I have to purchase another antivirus protection?
Depends on if your purchase was for a single license or the three license package, if it was the single license then it is only valid for one system.

Joanne13

« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2013, 10:48:47 PM »
Please forgive me if this question is already answered but it's getting late and I can't search all the previous posts right now. Does avast HAVE to use Internet Explorer as it's primary browser? I ask since I'm using Firefox and I may be having some issues there, just not sure. Won't the fact that its browser is IE cause conflicts with my browser? If so how do I change this with OUT changing browsers?

Thanks in advance!  ;)