Author Topic: Consumer Reports Ratings on Avast  (Read 4211 times)

roro

Consumer Reports Ratings on Avast
« on: August 05, 2006, 09:12:48 AM »
I got my Consumer Reports and it has Ratings of Antivirus Software this month.
They have Avast down as the only free antivirus, and they do say it is the best free antivirus.  Since they don't mention other freebies, it is an odd rating system.
I think using Bitdefender as an extra virus scanner (not actively running) as many have mentioned on this forum is the best of both worlds.

Ro Ro 8) 8)

BTW-I just installed Avast on another friend's machine after removing Norton. ;)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Consumer Reports Ratings on Avast
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 01:21:47 PM »
As someone else said on Wilders Security, they should stick with toasters.
C'mon, they compare free avast! against commercial versions of other AVs and then they rate it like crap :o OMFG
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 01:26:03 PM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 03:26:47 PM »
Definately they should stick to consumer white goods/toasters even the very basic info they give is wrong as there is no firewall in avast. It just shows how rubbish there reviewers/testers are if they thing the network shield is a firewall. Not to mention testing like with like.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

drhayden1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 12:17:39 PM »
maybe consumer reports should do a new review of AOL-Hell,would be curious to see what they would say about them now ::)

thanks for the info roro 8)
i also use bitdefender 8 free edition(on-demand)as a additional virus scanner :o
why couldn't they included the avast! professional paid version in their pop tart toaster review type magazine :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 12:30:39 PM by drhayden1 »