Author Topic: Latest update halts incoming mail  (Read 2225 times)

TigerMO

Latest update halts incoming mail
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:45:17 PM »
After the most recent update, I am no longer able to receive Outlook.com email in Apple Mail.  I am also not able to create a new Outlook.com account in Outlook for Mac 2011.  Something in avast! is blocking the connection.  In Apple Mail, I get the error triangle that indicates there is no connection to the mail server.  The same occurs in Outlook--you get an error about being unable to connect to the server.  I have several email addresses, but Outlook.com is the only one that’s affected.  I’m sure that avast! is the source of the problem, because when I disable Mail Shield in avast!, the new mail that’s been received starts pouring in.  Until there is an update, I will continue to have the Mail Shield disabled, but that defeats the purpose of a virus protection program.  If there’s not a fix soon, I will uninstall avast! and go back to using AVG Free.

iGing

Re: Latest update halts incoming mail
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 04:03:17 PM »
I recently installed Avast on my MacPro running 10.9.2, shortly there after Apple Mail is a chaotic mess! I don't know IF Avast is in anyway responsible but I've uninstalled and will now reboot. Hope the nightmare is over.