Author Topic: Error 7005 Continues after new install  (Read 3914 times)

Lemony

Error 7005 Continues after new install
« on: March 23, 2014, 12:59:27 AM »
Installed for first time 3 weeks ago. Ran full scan, everything looked good and system said SECURED. In the last week kept getting Error 7005 about connection to antivirus engine being lost. Uninstalled and Reinstalled multiple times with same results. As soon as new install completed, the same message pops up.
Please advise. Due to the reinstalls have no file reports as the all say the scan was interrupted with the same error 7005. Could there be a file that is not being completely cleaned out during the uninstall that effects the fresh install?

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: Error 7005 Continues after new install
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
Hello,
  after uninstall there should remain nothing from the Avast installation. Error 7005 means that the graphical interface could not connect to the scanning daemon. Unfortunatelly, the currently released version of the daemon logs many events except the real issues :(. In the Avast version 9 this component will be rewritten from the scratch. I'm really sorry but if the reinstall doesn't help you, I can advise you only to uninstall the application at this moment.

Martin

Lemony

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »
Understood, will uninstall and wait for updated version. i appreciate the honesty regarding the program and look forward to the new version.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 04:40:34 PM »
Hi everyone, So this problem don't have solution??  :-\
Thanks in advance!