Author Topic: Infection (or Virus) not showing up in chest  (Read 4148 times)

ConcernedUser

Infection (or Virus) not showing up in chest
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:47:59 PM »
Hey there,
    I joined specifically because I couldn't find anything on the internet similar to what I am experiencing. I ran a scan today and found an infected log and at the end of the scan it asked if I wanted to move it to the chest. I clicked ok thinking I could delete it later. Now though the infected file is not showing up in the virus chest screen and its not in the original location where it should be. I am concerned about my safety as I want to outright delete the infection now, but cant. Please help.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Infection (or Virus) not showing up in chest
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 01:02:08 AM »
what file was detected......and location, full file path
what malware name was give by avast

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:49:58 AM »
Run a scan again?

The file was likely in the browser's cache or was a temporary file that got deleted before being moved to the chest.

ConcernedUser

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 08:27:54 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I did try another scan and nothing showed up. I couldn't identify because it didn't say anything specific in the infection details section.

the path was in my /private/var/log/asl/(then the infected asl log file). 2014.23.03.G80.asl

So I'm guessing that it's gone/quarantined for good because it's still not showing up in another scan.

MMImedia

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
Seventy files were found infected in the full system scan but they neither showed up in the Virus Chest nor could I move them there. The only option was Export. Why is this happening?