Author Topic: Exclusion of directories  (Read 2913 times)

tschloesser

Exclusion of directories
« on: April 01, 2014, 08:30:14 AM »
Dear Forum Members,

I am a newbee using Avast for MAC and I am wondering if I am missing something in the configuration or if there is simply a bug or missing feature in the program.

Within the configuration options of Avast4MAC I had chosen a couple of folders NOT to scan. But for me it seems that this option is only valid for the automatic ongoing scan - but not for the full manual scan. I had to manually stop the full scan after 6h because it was busy scanning my Aperture DB (300+ GB) which was on the list I configured ti be excluded.

So my question is: IS this working as designed? And if yes is there any way to run a full system scan manually which is excluding a coupple of folders, dorectories, etc. ?

Thanks,

Thorsten

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Exclusion of directories
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

tschloesser

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 11:08:03 AM »
Hi Asyn,

thanks for providing that link. Unfortunally this is exactly my problem:
I did configure the exclusion list as instructed by the link. But whenever I manually run a full system scan this list is ignoered. For example I put the directory/folder containing my Aparture Database (aprx. 300+ GB) to the exlusion list, but the manual full system scan is scanning the whole Aparture Directory - which is quite time consuming as ypu could imagine. The same happens to my directory containing all virtual machines (VMWare) I have stored on my Mac. I do not want those directorys to be scanned and it was possible i a couple of other virus scanners to disable those files/folders from beeing touched by the scanner.

Regards,

Thorsten

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:08:38 AM »
Sorry, no idea then. You've to wait for one of the Mac guys.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »
Hello,
  the exclusions list influences the File System Shield only. The on-demand Full System Scans scans always all the system, the only thing that can be excluded, and by default it is, are mounted removable and network volumes. It would make sense to add this feature.

Best Regards,
Martin