Author Topic: Avast Free & Comodo Firewall (with Defence)  (Read 4351 times)

andy675

Avast Free & Comodo Firewall (with Defence)
« on: April 30, 2011, 02:20:26 AM »
Hi....I use the full version of Avast Free with ALL the Shields except Script Shield as I have a 64 bit Windows 7 Desktop. I have just installed Comodo Firewall/Defence and was seeking advice as too whether I should disable any Avast Shields now that I have Comodo.....ie...Behaviour Shield. Does anyone know of any clashes between the 2 Softwares etc.....

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Windows 7   Avast Free Comodo Firewall & WinPatrol+

andy675

Re: Avast Free & Comodo Firewall (with Defence)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »
any advices

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
See this link below IF this solved your problem

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76946.msg638987#msg638987
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »
Hi....I use the full version of Avast Free with ALL the Shields except Script Shield as I have a 64 bit Windows 7 Desktop. I have just installed Comodo Firewall/Defence and was seeking advice as too whether I should disable any Avast Shields now that I have Comodo.....ie...Behaviour Shield. Does anyone know of any clashes between the 2 Softwares etc.....

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Windows 7   Avast Free Comodo Firewall & WinPatrol+

I personally don't use the script shield but you can if you want, I mean it's not incompatible with W7/64. The only thing you'll have to do is choose between Comodo and Avast auto-sandbox, as they could easily conflict, so just deactivate one of them. Also, as you use Def+, though there's no potential conflict, disable or even uninstall the behavior shield. It shouldn't conflict with def+ but it's just completely useless if you have a HIPS running.

andy675

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:54:53 PM »
Many thanks