Author Topic: Confused re difference Web Rep and Avast Online Security 8.0.1489  (Read 2116 times)

Offline rob24

I am confused about the difference between WebRep and Avast Online Security 8.0.1489. WebRep used to show as a plug-in for Firefox, now I see Avast Online Security 8.0.1489. But I still see the WebRep icon in the top corner, and in Google results. I mostly use Firefox, though I might have been using Chrome at the last Avast program update.

The reason for looking at this is that I occasionally use a program called Screenshot Captor to capturing screenshots, or most usefully, partial screenshots. I came to use it and as I press Grab Selected Region, I get only a blank capture. I was able to make it work by either turning off Outpost and using WIndows firewall, or disabling Avast shields, or with Outpost and Avast working normally, by disabling Avast Online Security 8.0.1489.
Intel Core i5 CPU 4 x 3200 Mhz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.6 free, Superantispyware.
Samsung S3 mobile with Avast Mobile Pro and on Lenovo tablet.

enma

Re: Confused re difference Web Rep and Avast Online Security 8.0.1489
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:01:53 AM »
try using Fraps, since it worked for my machine. and i was confused too about the change from avast WebRep into avast! Online Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
It's the same thing, they just changed the name since it's not only webpage rating/reputation anymore, but it also includes correction of misspelled URL addresses and anti-phishing component.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline rob24

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »
It's the same thing, they just changed the name since it's not only webpage rating/reputation anymore, but it also includes correction of misspelled URL addresses and anti-phishing component.
OK thanks a lot.
Intel Core i5 CPU 4 x 3200 Mhz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.6 free, Superantispyware.
Samsung S3 mobile with Avast Mobile Pro and on Lenovo tablet.