Author Topic: Introducing: avast! BART CD 3.0 Beta  (Read 165027 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: Introducing: avast! BART CD 3.0 Beta
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »
-= Wow.. That was a very useful one..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

ssummit

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
It's now over 6 months since BART 3 Beta came out.  I spoke to Sales in Prague this morning and they were suppose to get back to me over 6 hours ago but haven't. The question is still "any idea when Bart 3 is coming out in its final version?" Or are you going to wait until Windows 7 comes out and you'll write for that instead?

Nonetheless, BART 2 continues to be invaluable to me, I just would like to have the next version in my toolbox.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:50:17 PM by The New Magic »

jim7567g

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 08:12:36 PM »
How about a good browser so that can check for infected files details on internet before delete?

I agree, we need a browser.

Josh VDW

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »
I would love to see Bart CD 3 have the ability to create a cd or USB right from the interface, this would help with updates don't have to use another cd just rewrite over your usb. Is this even possible?
The ability to do a system restore would be the best! ;D
I am also on board with the web browser.

Josh
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:46:55 PM by Josh VDW »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 12:12:53 AM »
I would love to see Bart CD 3 have the ability to create a cd or USB right from the interface, this would help with updates don't have to use another cd just rewrite over your usb. Is this even possible?
Well, you can use a CD-RW... but you shouldn't have to generate a CD that ofter, should you? ;)

The ability to do a system restore would be the best! ;D
I think this depend on Windows and can't be managed by 'outside'.

I am also on board with the web browser.
An old wish of a lot of users ::)

onlysomeone

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »
I just tested the BART CD 3.0 and have to say that its really nice! :)

The features are usefull and I had no problems while using them...

The testing period is not the longest, but lets you try everything.

It would be a really interesting product if the price wouldn't be so high for a private person  :-\

yours
onlysomeone

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2009, 07:46:42 PM »
It would be a really interesting product if the price wouldn't be so high for a private person  :-\
They've promised a complete revolution on Bart CD selling policy... I never saw it... :'(

hazenoff

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 02:00:46 PM »
Any work around for Windows Vista File Permissions. I have found on the old version of the Bart CD, I cannot get access to the /users directory, to delete any files there, so some file magic IGNORE file permissions, or bypass them by giving username / password would be a great addition to the cd. I haven't used the beta yet, but I think that Kmelon or firefox would be a great browser for it. I would also like to see some form of data recovery program in it, even something as simple as unstoppable copier, and recuva would be a nice, free touch. More network drivers, or better an integrated driver pack release for network adapters, for a cd that could be updated over the internet would be a welcome addition as well. Having used the AVG cd for years, it was a nice option to be able to update via USB and the internet, while at a customers home. One other suggestion, backup over the network feature would be nice, to push info to another pc on the network. These are some of the tools I found useful and in the competitions product.
One last suggestion...
BOOTABLE ANTISPYWARE SOFTWARE! 90 percent of the problems my clients have, are spyware related. I would LOVE to see Malwarebytes Antimalware in a BART CD release! Would save me much time and many headaches.

coolsilver

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 05:07:38 AM »
Vista permissions are such that most software viewing an cold mount vista volume would have the exact issue you describe. Even loading the registry hive would only help so much as you would need the PE explorer to run as the user accessing the folder and files in question.

craddockj2009

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
I tryed to link but it gives me an error that the page can not be displayed properly  ??? Is there a new link that works?

JimG

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 02:58:21 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I downloaded bete 3.0 and it now boots without a problem and performed the virus scan okay but the drive was too badly effected to be able to save it so I am in the middle of a reload . . .

sortsol

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2010, 12:57:32 AM »
Hi,

I just bought the bart cd from avast... Version 2 doesn't work on the computer I'm attempting to fix (ACPI.SYS error.)   I went to download the version 3 beta, but it just comes to a page cannot be displayed page.   Is it just temporarily down or is the outage permanent?

I am attempting to download it from: http://www2.avast.com/beta/bart_full.exe

Thanks,

Mike

wpn

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2010, 04:21:48 PM »
Hi Mike,

I clicked on the link that you gave here and i can download the file...

Seems to work for me right now (its about 16 hours after your post)

Kazura

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »
Any update to Bart CD v3 Beta?

- STILL won't boot newer Dell systems (gets to the ALWIL Avast! splash screen, "Loading, please wait" then whole system reboots, no errors, no messages, NADA!)
  - What about booting Windows 7 systems?  CD Boots (v3 Build 4.8.1317.0 Virus DB 100316-0) an OLD Dell (beefed up to run Win 7) and Windows 7 new directory structure (i.e. "Documents and Settings" doesn't 'really' exist in Win 7) as well as the tighter security, Avast can't access ALL directories (LOTS of "File scan failed!" messages)!
  - No "Live" updates (seems like a no brainer, you've got network access, you've got a RAM disk for temp storage).
  - What about making a bootable USB 'flash' drive?