Author Topic: Win32:Small-NNE [Trj]  (Read 8915 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Win32:Small-NNE [Trj]
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »
did what?

I just installed Anti-phishing Domain Advisor as you advised.
you mean uninstalled / removed ?   as that program may be the problem .....
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:58:46 PM by Pondus »

kristen874

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 07:02:40 PM »
did what?

I just installed Anti-phishing Domain Advisor as you advised.
you mean uninstalled / removed ?   as that program may be the problem .....

No, I installed it, I thought you were advising me to install it.  Since I have installed it I haven't gotten the annoying pop-up from Avast. But I also installed Comodo firewall.

shawnmberry

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 08:41:21 AM »
Every time I scan I get Threat: Win32:Small-NNE [Trj] in file: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\searchcom_003\data\120906112445-f.list
I delete the file but it returns within seconds. No other scanners will detect the threat. There is little help on line other than people selling removal software. They make this threat sound very dangerous to my computer's security. I have even seen a couple of sites saying that it is doug in so deep into the system that it can't be removed. Have the brains at Avast figured out an update to get rid of this pest?

Theo Peterbroers

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 10:22:35 AM »
Hi shawnmberry,

Thanks for showing us the path for that list file.

Searchcom_003.exe seems to be another product from visicommedia.
Emsisoft deems searchcom_003 safe http://www.isthisfilesafe.com/ search on product for searchcom_003.

Most likely, your pc is not infected with Win32:Small-NNE [Trj]. You could just uninstall the visicommedia product to get rid of the detection.

Explanation. Visicommedia uses Panda [another antivirus company] virus signatures to deliver to you a safe browsing experience. Unfortunately, Panda does not encrypt their signatures. Avast detects  those signatures in the .list file as the real thing and gives you an alert.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:30:47 AM by Kwartet! »