Author Topic: vista update- trayapp.msi missing  (Read 3610 times)

flowerr

vista update- trayapp.msi missing
« on: January 13, 2013, 06:38:25 AM »
Can anyone help with how I can fix my update? I have been on the web for 5 hours trying to find a way to fix the trayapp.msi . I did an update for windows vista and when I rebooted I have this nice window that tell me my trayapp.msi does no longer exist. I have looked for the file in the computer, done all kind of searches, I even did a restore to see if it would fix it.. Nothing! I have found all sorts of sites that want me to pay to fix it.. and I have searched HP's site also. I don't have any disk's and programs were installed when computer was bought.  I even did a update search again and looked to see if something didn't load right.
Any thoughts??
Thanks,

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

flowerr

Re: vista update- trayapp.msi missing
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
I was all over that page the other day. I dont have en external drive. And it doesnt give any other information to fix it.
If anyone else have any suggestions? please drop a note.
Thanks

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:46:13 AM »
Do you have a HP printer? Which series and model? It looks like you can stop the error by re-installing (or uninstalling) the printer software.

flowerr

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 11:59:38 PM »
I will try that. Thank you.

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 02:12:44 AM »
You're welcome. I think you may have been hit with the same Windows Update bug regarding .netframework that I was (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=9671.msg882074#msg882074).

Let us know how you get along. :)