Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 301317 times)

Lito

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »

hello and good day everybody, i just would like to know if is possible update from avast free 6.0.1367 to avast 7 without any problem. thanks a lot and bravo avast team for this program.
No problems here updating from that version. Windows XP SP3.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »
Further on that repeated-scanning problem ... I just added the PCTools folder to the File Shield's exclusions, and that stopped it.  May have been overkill, I could probably go back and restrict it to just that one file.  I imagine if by some wild chance I encountered malware headed for that folder, it would be caught anyway.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

lord ami

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2012, 11:17:06 PM »
avast! team
Should the auto-prompt for SafeZone work when browsing banking sites? At least Estonian ones have no effect.

Jesant13

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2012, 11:17:30 PM »
I have version 6.0.1367 of avast! Free Antivirus. It is set to let me know if a program update is available. So far, the only thing I've seen that shows me an update is available is an exclamation point (not in the Notification area) and "Update" next to the program version. Is that the most avast! Free Antivirus will let me know that a new program update is available or does it wait a certain amount of time before letting me know further?

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2012, 11:25:50 PM »
great, but is the vps file at http://www.avast.com/download-update can update the new version or not yet?
MW

Hermite15

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
I have version 6.0.1367 of avast! Free Antivirus. It is set to let me know if a program update is available. So far, the only thing I've seen that shows me an update is available is an exclamation point (not in the Notification area) and "Update" next to the program version. Is that the most avast! Free Antivirus will let me know that a new program update is available or does it wait a certain amount of time before letting me know further?

what else do you expect ??? ... other than that automatic program upgrades don't happen necessarily on the day a new version is out. It takes about a week until everyone get an actual prompt to upgrade. This is done to avoid a complete melt down of Avast servers, due to the amount of users worldwide.
This said you know now that it's available, so it's up to you ;)

ady4um

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2012, 11:33:35 PM »

Tray notifications should appear progressively during the next few days / weeks, if the "program updates" setting is set to "ask" (the default).

Jesant13

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2012, 11:42:02 PM »

what else do you expect ??? ... other than that automatic program upgrades don't happen necessarily on the day a new version is out. It takes about a week until everyone get an actual prompt to upgrade. This is done to avoid a complete melt down of Avast servers, due to the amount of users worldwide.
This said you know now that it's available, so it's up to you ;)

Tray notifications should appear progressively during the next few days / weeks, if the "program updates" setting is set to "ask" (the default).

Okay, thank you both. I don't mind waiting, as long as version 6.0.1367 is supported.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2012, 11:58:21 PM »
Just FYI, version 7 detects substantially more malware (= can protect your system better).
But of course, your choice.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2012, 12:08:13 AM »
Can't login to avast! Account. I just get a page that says "Error". Are servers getting hammered?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 12:12:14 AM »
If that is from the avastUI, same here.

EDIT: also from my.avast.com.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:17:55 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »
Just FYI, version 7 detects substantially more malware (= can protect your system better). But of course, your choice.

Not in every case our choice:

Windows 2000

Update from v6 should of course be also possible via the built-in program updater.

Hi Vlk,
doesn't work with Windows 2000!  :'(

Updated over the UI from V. 6.0.1367 and then restart.

After that

1. there's no avast!-symbol in the taskbar

2. I can't open the programm over the desktop-icon.

(then I made an Acronis-Backup from my system with avast! FREE V. 6.0.1367)

EDIT 26.02.12:

Same problem in this Thread:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94069.0
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:31:36 PM by ~SKY~ »
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2012, 12:22:06 AM »
~SKY~, I have seen Avast 7.0.1407 in action on Win2K.
Did you try a clean install?

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

dannyg

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2012, 12:23:42 AM »
hello, upgraded from last build of version 6 to version 7 using updater, no problems......so far.

oh yes, great work boys and girls!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:28:00 AM by DannyG »

YoKenny

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2012, 12:27:19 AM »
If that is from the avastUI, same here.

EDIT: also from my.avast.com.
No problem here.