Author Topic: find-quick-results.com virus (OTS added)  (Read 11439 times)

tx4chiefs

Re: find-quick-results.com virus (OTS added)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 01:02:04 AM »
My searches are hijacked by find-quick-results.com and redirect me to whatever site they want.  I get popup tabs of B/S and sometimes IE hangs up.  I have run everything I can think of, but cannot fix it.  Any help will be appreciated.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »
OK lets do an AV analysis

Download AVP Tool

First we will run a virus scan

On the first tab select all elements down to and including  Computer and then select start scan
Once it has finished select report and post that.

[color="#FF0000"]Do not close AVPTool or it will self uninstall, if it does uninstall - then just rerun the setup file on your desktop[/color]

Now an analysis scan

Select the Manual Disinfection tab
Press the Gather System Information button
Once done Open the last report saved folder then upload to the zip file to Mediafire and post the sharing link.
The file is located at C:\Users\your name\Desktop\Virus Removal Tool\setup_9.0.0.722_05.01.2011_20-34\LOG\avptool_sysinfo.zip

tx4chiefs

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 11:19:26 PM »
Do you use a router and do any other computers that use it suffer the same problem ?

liquidchrome

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 06:22:07 AM »
First of all, I know this is my first post and dont intend to offend anyone, but help them as i was i desperate need of help. I was infected with this same virus that would also hijack my browser and redirect me to find-quick-results.com 90% of the time that i would get redirected (and the other 10% to random sites like yellowpages.com and some scammy fake av site.)

I got infected while running Norton internet security (everything that i run is on MAX settings).

Full scan found nothing. Then I tried avast!. Full scan found no results. Then I one after another I tried Kaspersky, F-secure, and even panda cloud. nothing could remove/detect this malware as persistent as it was. I ran superantispyware which found a few trojans but didnt cure this infection.

By the time I was at wits end, I gave Comodo antivirus a try. It ran  full scan of my computer and foud 3 infections (2 of which were false positives :P), but the other was the infection. It was named something similar to kjwfg.exe (random string of numbers), and it was in my firefox folder. After allowing comodo to clean the infection, my system is malware free.

Sidenote: Prevx cloud also detected this malware, but would not remove without buying the full version. It may also come up as "105.tmp". I also ran aswmbr, and GMER.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:25:15 AM by liquidchrome »

tx4chiefs

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
Do you use a router and do any other computers that use it suffer the same problem ?

I do use a router at home, but got this infection from a work internet.  I got it on another computer when I used a USB stick in both.  I got it off the other computer (Win XP) using combofix and malwarebytes.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 07:47:44 PM »
Is this in Firefox, IE or both ?