Author Topic: Purchased a license file, but does not receive anything...  (Read 6229 times)

olivier_pe

Purchased a license file, but does not receive anything...
« on: November 18, 2004, 10:29:21 PM »
Hi all,

So I post again...
I purchased a one year license for Avast Pro on 14th October 2004.

I paid with my visa credit card. The web interface told me that there was an issue to calculate my key, and that I will be contacted in 24h...

Today, I didn't receive anything, and my evaluation period finished tomorrow... So the result will be that I will not have any anti-virus software anymore.

I have sent an e-mail to Avast (with the copy of my invoice) but nobody answer...

Does somebody can help me here ? Because I am really worried...

Thanks in advance,

Olivier

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Purchased a license file, but does not receive anything...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 10:36:13 PM »
Which email address did you use when making the purchase?
I can't find an entry with the email address in your profile.

Can you forward me the email you got from ShareIt?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

olivier_pe

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 10:45:49 PM »
Thanks a lot for your answer.

I just posted all detailed information to your mail address.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Olivier

wanchan

It's shareit/element5 delaying the product delivery
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 10:51:49 PM »
My following coments have to do what shareit/element5 has done to me. Alwil Avast did just fine. Well read on.

I too have a big complaint about how shareit/element5 processes credit card orders. shareit had my registration key delayed too. In the Order Confirmation email I got from shareit, shareit explicitly promised that the registration key would be delivered WITHIN 24 HOURS. I sent several emails only to get automatically generated emails, which I consider an insult to a customer. Not till I contacted avast support, did shareit emailed the product - registration key. avast support rep addressed my concern by email within appx two hours. In that email, I was stunned that after I paid shareit never sent the request to avast for the key generation. Should avast didn't contact shareit per my request, I would have been still waiting for the product.

I am not sure about the details of how shareit/element5 processes credit card orders. They say they verify whether or not the card used is good, using human beings. I have two simple advices for them then:
1. Get a live person answering customer emails!
2. Don't promise anything you cant do, shareit, because that what we call lying here in USA >:(

And this is NOT my only bad experience with shareit/element5. With the ambition to conquer North America, I hope Alwil will choose a better credit card processor than shareit.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 11:01:24 PM by wanchan »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 11:03:27 PM »
Thanks for your comment, wanchan.
However, I've got to say that it is partly (or maybe entirely) our fault.

The problem lies in the fact that the license generator (which runs on our server, not share-it's) has recently some (hardware?) problems and often fails to deliver the key on time. Thus, the shareit staff eventually has to retry the order (which is not done automatically).

We're in the process of replacing the server with a new one which should instantly solve the problem.

Thanks a lot for your understanding,
Vlk

wanchan

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 11:14:47 PM »
Thanks for your comment, wanchan.
However, I've got to say that it is partly (or maybe entirely) our fault.

The problem lies in the fact that the license generator (which runs on our server, not share-it's) has recently some (hardware?) problems and often fails to deliver the key on time. Thus, the shareit staff eventually has to retry the order (which is not done automatically).

We're in the process of replacing the server with a new one which should instantly solve the problem.

Thanks a lot for your understanding,
Vlk

Thanks for the explanation, Vlk. The email response I got from avast support really cooled me down and most importantly reassured I am in good hands.

Well, as for whose fault it was. I still think because it was shareit/element5 not doing their job. See? the problem (at least my anger) would alliviated, should shareit have sent me an email saying they were workingn on it. But all I got were automatically generated responses with identical lines.

As I said, this is NOT the their first time. shareit/element5 have always been, till this very moment, irresponsive and arrogant to say the least.

Good luck with the server upgrade :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 11:29:46 PM »
Too bad you have such a bad experience with them.
OTOH it's got to be said that their conditions are by far the best (compared to Regnow, Regsoft, DigitalRiver and other providers) and also the backend is quite flexible.

BTW did you know they were acquired by DigitalRiver about a year ago? Oddly enough nothing changed since then though - neither the margins nor the backend (and probably nor the customer service ;))

Thanks
Vlk

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 11:30:09 PM »
wanchan
To contact them, did you use the following link?
http://www.shareit.com/ccc/customer_service.html?sessionid=157381570&random=b030e51ed70b425c5e0e5402a18b3ad6&js=1
I had no problems with them and found them to be quite courteous.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

wanchan

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 11:38:12 PM »
BTW did you know they were acquired by DigitalRiver about a year ago? Oddly enough nothing changed since then though - neither the margins nor the backend (and probably nor the customer service ;))

Because shareit/element5 is operating independently of Digital River. I gues that it what "A service of Digital River" refers to.