Author Topic: Recycling Aleuron message?  (Read 3024 times)

Jet

Recycling Aleuron message?
« on: January 07, 2010, 03:07:33 AM »
Along with all the other problems I'm having with being unable to update the virus database (thread under a different section of the forum), if I leave my computer unattended for about 15 minutes, I get a virus warning popup from Avast showing an Aleuron virus, and recommending I put it in the virus chest.

There is also a message across the bottom of the screen saying "Syst32/drivers/atapi.sys contains sample of Win32Aleuron.eu"...

If I click on the recommended action of putting it in the virus chest, the popup keeps returning every five seconds.  The only way to stop the continuous popups is to click the X in the upper right corner.

However, regardless of which action I take, when I reboot the computer, I get a blue screen saying Windows had to shut down, etc.  I then reboot and get the black screen asking in which mode I want to boot Windows, and I always choose "last good configuration that worked for you."  It's just an annoyance to have to deal with these every bootup.

However, if I use the computer continually without leaving it for 15 minutes, I don't get this popup.

The fact that I can't update Avast isn't helping the situation, I'm sure.

Ideas from the resident gurus?

Thank you .
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:10:42 AM by Jet »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user