Author Topic: How many computers can have one Avast Home installed?  (Read 6730 times)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
How many computers can have one Avast Home installed?
« on: July 25, 2007, 09:02:56 AM »
The situation:
There is a network - 10 computers, connected to internet through the operator's computer (the operator's duties are to turn on/off internet connection for the 10 computers, which surf in the web independently). Today's antivirus is Kaspersky, but it slows down connection and isn't effective. It's time to suggest Avast as the antivirus for the network.

The question:
I'd like to know if I can install the same Avast Home (I mean with the same key) on the network. Or should I purchase an other version of Avast?

May the FOSS be with you!

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
Re: How many computers can have one Avast Home installed?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 11:06:45 AM »
If it is Home network, then you can use the same key.

In any other case you must buy avast! professional  license for each computer with avast! installed.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:04:52 PM »
If it is Home network, then you can use the same key.

In any other case you must buy avast! professional  license for each computer with avast! installed.
Please, don't take me for a swindler. :)

To tell the truth, it is a Public Internet Centre (PIC). Clients pay only for the time of internet connection. No money is taken for the anti-malware defence. Antivirus is necessary only to protect the network's computers from crashes. I think it is a "non-commercial usage" of Avast.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »
I don't believe he is taking you for a swindler, just reminding of the requirements of the Home use.

From your further explanation, I would say it doesn't comply with the Home, Non-Commercial use. As per the words 'Public' and 'Clients pay' it matters not what they pay for. There are non-profit organisations, charities, etc. that don't qualify for Home use.

Those people wouldn't be in your home using your home network and if they were guests in your home and using your network I wouldn't expect them to be charged for their connection time.

There was recently a discussion about what is considered commercial use on the forums and this I feel would come under this definition.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »
To tell the truth, it is a Public Internet Centre (PIC). Clients pay only for the time of internet connection. No money is taken for the anti-malware defence. Antivirus is necessary only to protect the network's computers from crashes. I think it is a "non-commercial usage" of Avast.
I see this as a non-Home user for sure. avast Professional is the only allowed.
The best things in life are free.

Rafel

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 11:58:27 PM »
No home land(two or three home PC's), no home version ;) Pepole pay for use PC's, then you must purchase a Pro version.
It's easy.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 08:25:21 AM »
Thank you very much to everybody. I believe the topic can be closed.