Author Topic: IE 10 compatibility?  (Read 9224 times)

srobinsn

IE 10 compatibility?
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
The other night My PC updated internet explorer to version 10. Now easypass is no longer filling in a lot of my usernames. Everything still works fine if I use chrome or firefox just happening with IE.

srobinsn

Re: IE 10 compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 02:07:52 AM »
From the no response to my question and non response to many of the questions I see here it looks like nobody from AVAST actually responds to questions here. That makes sense, AVAST puts up a forum but doesn't actually participate in it?????

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:17:44 AM »
Have you reinstalled easypass?
Have you tried anything else to solve it?

People from Alwill as well as many volunteers are trying to help here.

Hbarski

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »
I have the same issue & have had it since upgrading from IE9 to IE10.  All login usernames have been deleted.  Also there is no way to edit back in the username field. It is so bad that easy pass login is UNUSEABLE. Avast! should at least acknowledge the problem & report current status & ETTR.

Elishevah

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »
The other night My PC updated internet explorer to version 10. Now easypass is no longer filling in a lot of my usernames. Everything still works fine if I use chrome or firefox just happening with IE.

I am having a similar problem with IE 10. That's why I usually use Firefox, but now that Firefox 22 is live, Easy Pass does not work at all.
Surely Avast is working on the problem, even though I have not been able to successfully contact them about it via email or online ticket submission.
It seems like they could work out a deal with the major browser makers so that they would have a heads-up before new versions come out, so there is not this compatibility lag each time a new browser version is released. It's done all the time in the gaming industry between game manufacturers and companies that make gaming guides and add-ons.

Wolemai

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »
Avast Easy Pass does not work with the latest version of Firefox.

In other words it does not work with the latest version of two of the most popular web browsers!

And can I contact Avast? Just try!

Will someone tell me how to contact Avast, because all I get when I try to find out how to contact them is referral to this blog site.

This is not good enough. Where are the Avast people who should be fixing this problem?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 08:03:25 AM »
Will someone tell me how to contact Avast, because all I get when I try to find out how to contact them is referral to this blog site.

-> http://www.avast.com/contacts
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Wolemai

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 09:43:37 AM »
Thank you for the referral to Avast contacts. I have sent them an email. I hope I get a useful reply.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
I wonder why you people want to use easy pass while the browser(s) already have such a option/function build in.

Sir Richard

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »
Browser's do have the option to save username's and password's but they are not pass worded or encrypted. So you risk allowing a hacker or a stranger accessing your computer to log into your saved sites, email's, paypal etc.

With easy pass it is an independent program with an encrypted and contained database of all your sites, applications username and passwords. But easypass doesn't user contain logins it contains Note's , bank details that really come in handy when you are a heavy internet or computer user.

Another advantage of easypass is that it encrypts and syncs the data to a server so should you own more than one computer you can sync between all without having to mess around re-entering all the details. It also means if you loose a computer your data is safe and secure ready for you to install and sync to a replacement system.

Sir Richard

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 11:10:08 AM »

-> http://www.avast.com/contacts

100% agree with Asyn , this is appalling EasyPass is actually powered by RoboForm! Going onto RoboForm's website they have had for sometime version 7.9.2 which resolves many browser issues.

Avast EasyPass is still operating 7.9.1 with no easy way to check for updates anymore. Avast are know for their slow roll out of fixe's and patch's but it's getting worse.

Do I trust Avast to keep my computer and system safe from threats yes 100% absolutely but do I trust their ability to roll out updates quickly which will resolve problems 1st time? No, they are useless I've never known a company like it.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
Look at how many new(er) versions avast has released the last few months.
Including the beta versions.
I've never seen any anti-malware vendor rolling out fixes that fast.

PS:
Next time look at the date of the post(s).
You are posting in a "dead" thread.
About 6 months old.