Author Topic: last question  (Read 1814 times)

shawnm

last question
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:49:30 PM »
So I closed my laptop for a bit and when I opened it again after I put in the password and it just stays there not loading the desktop I turned it off and tried 3 more times and nothing so I started in safe mode and used the system restore again then had to go through the whole repair avast and stuff cuz the firewall wouldn't star.t I was wondering if there were any ideas on why its doing this and how I can fix it.. one last question when I do a boot scan it come up with some kinda travel log error about internet explorer and a archive error and after its done in the scan report it says some files couldn't be scanned I click on it and it says the file is windows mediaplayer core and in the status it says error: data erroe (cyclic redundancy check) (23) what is it talking

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: last question
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:04:09 AM »
I was wondering if there were any ideas on why its doing this and how I can fix it
do you have other security programs installed?...what
did you remove your previous used AV with that vendors removal tool?

in the scan report it says some files couldn't be scanned
this forums most frequently asked question....so do a forum search

https://blog.avast.com/2014/02/28/how-do-i-handle-files-that-avast-cant-scan/

shawnm

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 12:10:42 AM »
mc afee came on the computer and after that expired I got the avg free then after that expired I used avast and then purchaced the avast internet security I don't think I did I think I just uninstalled it from the control panel wheni do a scan I do see some files from avg still

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:16:26 AM »

shawnm

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 12:53:21 AM »
ok thanks do you think that's why it wouldn't load the desktop? just wondering because it didn't start doing all these thing until recently except for the stuff about internet explorer and windows player

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 01:17:00 AM »
ok thanks do you think that's why it wouldn't load the desktop? just wondering because it didn't start doing all these thing until recently except for the stuff about internet explorer and windows player

It would be hard to say one way or another. What is certain is that if remnants of previous AVs remain they could conflict with avast (or other current AV).

So generally it is best to ensure all remnants are gone using the specific tools related to those AVs previously installed - a collection of these removal tools are at the site Pondus gave in the post above yours.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

shawnm

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 01:34:32 AM »
ok ill run those after im done work tonight and if it keeps up im sure ill be back on here thanks for all your guys' help