Author Topic: Forum information, recommendations and few rules  (Read 310422 times)

AdrianH

Re: Forum information
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 12:41:43 PM »
Personally I don't understand why beta tester is even there, they are after all avast users and forum members, in which their normal forums rankings would apply. Or you could have multiple icons.

Evangelists and moderators are also "just" community members , lots of folk could have muliple titles that's the way forums work.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 10:55:21 AM »
Personally I don't understand why beta tester is even there, they are after all avast users and forum members, in which their normal forums rankings would apply. Or you could have multiple icons.

Evangelists and moderators are also "just" community members , lots of folk could have muliple titles that's the way forums work.
Moderators are avast team staff.

robertaitaly

Re: Forum information - PM issues.
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 03:01:37 AM »
Hello, I registered yesterday because, like many, I have problems with the last update of avast. I do not speak or write English, but I understand enough reading.
Before I thought the Google translator, a gentle oldest member helped me, saying to ask any other questions via PM, and today I found a message on my profile box.
I can not answer, and because I do not see the mail icon under his name, and because I can not find the response function to the message in my inbox.
I also tried to write a new message, instead of an answer, but it says that "not enabled" for this function.
How do I do? I'm sorry not to respond to Tetsuo, since it has proved so helpful and courteous.
Moreover, I would also ask some further explanation (in Italian) on the difficulties with the update of Avast 7, because the Italian section of the site is still very active, and I have not found the answer I seek.
It 's urgent, are now four days that Avast does not update virus definitions or neither program.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks and hello to everyone.
(Translated by Google)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
The PM function isn't available until you have 20 posts, this is an anti spam measure to prevent misuse of the PM function by spammers. Unfortunately that effects legitimate new users.

Essentially when you need help it should be done through the forums as PMs are a 1 to 1 communication which doesn't help others who might have the same problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 05:31:59 AM »
I changed my name for a while even though I don't like change.. I will keep my forum name without the "cp" part for a while. If i decide to change just know I might do that any time  if i decide  ;D
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »
Hello, I registered yesterday because, like many, I have problems with the last update of avast. I do not speak or write English, but I understand enough reading.
Before I thought the Google translator, a gentle oldest member helped me, saying to ask any other questions via PM, and today I found a message on my profile box.
I can not answer, and because I do not see the mail icon under his name, and because I can not find the response function to the message in my inbox.
I also tried to write a new message, instead of an answer, but it says that "not enabled" for this function.
How do I do? I'm sorry not to respond to Tetsuo, since it has proved so helpful and courteous.
Moreover, I would also ask some further explanation (in Italian) on the difficulties with the update of Avast 7, because the Italian section of the site is still very active, and I have not found the answer I seek.
It 's urgent, are now four days that Avast does not update virus definitions or neither program.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks and hello to everyone.
(Translated by Google)

Can you open a new topic in italian section?
Then I'll try to help you, I need some more information..

Puoi aprire una discussione nel forum in italiano?
Dopo posso provare a darti una mano, ma ho bisogno di ulteriori informazioni.

Ciao
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

robertaitaly

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 09:29:49 AM »
 Thanks for the clarification. I understand the problem, and in fact I suspect that was part of the proper restrictions for the uninitiated, but in the instructions of the forum was not clear what were the restrictions for the uninitiated. And, frankly, I thought that just one person who had bad intentions should not do is shed a dozen posts around here and there.
At the same time I would take into account the fact that this is not a forum to chat, but a forum that is used in case of urgent need for a serious problem such as viruses. If your new subscribers do not receive help, even when the program itself to be faulty, we are forced to seek help elsewhere, and perhaps even in dangerous areas. Panda I just left at the end of my subscription because of me, as a user of Italian language, had not given the necessary support.
However, it is clearly a bad habit of the computer world, which sells its products worldwide, but expects to communicate with customers in English only. This is just a personal observation, not a reproach, because Avast has the right to self-determination as well, however, there have also its customers.
For the last renewal thanks to forum members that, with such good will, to make up for deficits of the company. Sorry if my post is wordy, but the Google translator, if I do not write complex sentences, does not understand: he is .... only a computer!
Ciao! :)  ::)  :(  >:(  8)  :'(   :)

robertaitaly

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 10:54:24 AM »

Can you open a new topic in italian section?
Then I'll try to help you, I need some more information..

Puoi aprire una discussione nel forum in italiano?
Dopo posso provare a darti una mano, ma ho bisogno di ulteriori informazioni.

Ciao

Fatto! Grazie, Giogio.

Offline kls490

• Queen of the house
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »
Good morning everyone,

My post is related to the original topic here...the issue of titles, newbies posting in rapid fire in order to move up the ladder (so-to-speak), etc.

I concur with much of what has been said.  This morning, for example, I notice that a particular newbie is already going all around the sub-forums and posting as much as he/she can.  In one instance, this person responded to another member's post saying only and I quote, "That's weird, lets hope someone else stops by."

Posts like this may prevent another member from getting timely help since it bumps up the "replies" meter unnecessarily and the newbie in question is NOT providing any useful information or other assistance to the OP.

Just something for thought.

Best regards,
kls490

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »
yepp...he/she is not so Classy 

Offline kls490

• Queen of the house
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 02:07:18 PM »
That's the one.
kls490

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Updated first post.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 03:17:18 PM »
Updated first post.
I've made the translation for the Russian sub-forum: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=102771.0

Could you please pin it there? I think users must always see it on the first page.

============
Update
The thread is pinned. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:06:23 PM by George Yves »
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 07:44:37 AM »
what level for stick the topic for being on the top of the listed topic?
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
what level for stick the topic for being on the top of the listed topic?
There is not level. It's a Moderators decision.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet