Author Topic: Safe Zone browsing  (Read 4653 times)

sssports

Safe Zone browsing
« on: October 04, 2011, 06:11:16 PM »
Well I tried the "Safe Zone" browsing, and all I got was a gray mesh like screen with the safe zone browser icon in the left hand upper corner.   I double clicked on the browser icon, the little time wheel spun around for a second or two and nothing happened.  No browser of any kind.   I am running Win7 Ultimate.  I tried it several times and it basically does nothing.   Anyone have any ideas?

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Re: Safe Zone browsing
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
Well I tried the "Safe Zone" browsing, and all I got was a gray mesh like screen with the safe zone browser icon in the left hand upper corner.   I double clicked on the browser icon, the little time wheel spun around for a second or two and nothing happened.  No browser of any kind.   I am running Win7 Ultimate.  I tried it several times and it basically does nothing.   Anyone have any ideas?

Try to repair of avast.
Open Control Panel > Uninstall program > Avast! > Repair
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

sssports

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:27:19 PM »
Thanks Danny96 I will try that.

sssports

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »
Well went to programs and repaired Avast, no go.  Still get a non-funtioning Safe Zone brower that does nothing.

Any other ideas?

My system is Win 7 Ultimate, Asus MB, AMD quad core Phenon 2.4, 4gig pc800 mem. Latest Avast (not free)

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 12:49:08 AM »
Well went to programs and repaired Avast, no go.  Still get a non-funtioning Safe Zone brower that does nothing.

Any other ideas?

My system is Win 7 Ultimate, Asus MB, AMD quad core Phenon 2.4, 4gig pc800 mem. Latest Avast (not free)
What version of avast! are you running ???
Pro or AIS ???

I have no problem with avast! Pro on my XP Pro system. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 02:04:39 AM »
Still get a non-funtioning Safe Zone brower that does nothing.
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.