Author Topic: Firewall module blocks all of internet  (Read 22321 times)

SafeSurf

Re: Firewall module blocks all of internet
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
You may have to be very patient, but we'll wait and see.  I'm here waiting with you.  :)

TeKKie

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 12:00:12 PM »
hehe nice to know someone cares along :P

TeKKie

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:58 PM »
Hmm is there an indication of how long it usually takes ?
And they do look at IP i gues right ? It's not that they look inside that dumpfile and look for the registration wich is on my dads name ? :P

iroc9555

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 01:05:28 AM »
Did you add this topic URL to your ZIP file ? What was the name you gave the file you sent ?

TeKKie

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 02:05:22 AM »
I figured that they would check ip, and no zip file just the dumpfile as reuested by SafeSurf.

iroc9555

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 03:04:57 AM »
What about the name you gave it ?

TeKKie

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 03:13:24 AM »
I was not asked to give it a specific name, so i just uploaded it as it was wich is "avast_120718_230002.dmp".

iroc9555

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 03:15:48 AM »
I was not asked to give it a specific name, so i just uploaded it as it was wich is "avast_120718_230002.dmp".

Well. At least now Avast! team can know to whom the dump file belong to and may answer here. Good luck.

TeKKie

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 03:20:42 AM »
Ah yeah considering i can see my ip next to my posts i kinda figured they would put 1 and 1 together :P
Thanks for thinking along.

TeKKie

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
I kinda wish they would somehow let me know if they did find the file, then again if they didn't they wouldn't know to look for my topic ?
I can understand things taking awhile, but now i don't even know if they are actually busy with it.
And it is slightly annoying that as soon as you pay for avast it turns of the internet :P

SafeSurf

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »
I did ask the Avast Team if they are working on it or received it.  Since it is the weekend, we probably won't hear anything now, but they should respond in the thread.  Should I hear something, I will let you know in the thread.  Thank you for your patience.

TeKKie

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »
Cool thank you very much !
The patience for me isn't the problem, i am a eve online player :P
The thing is it's my dads pc and he has a tad less patience and keeps asking haha

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't see the point of the original suggestion (though I might be missing something). avast.setup is the updater process... so if there was a problem with updating the program or virus definitions, then maybe the dump could reveal something - but not for system-wide problems with the network.
I don't really know much about the firewall, Lukor could have more insights (and possibly simpler things to check), but if we're talking about dumps, my guess is that the relevant ones here might be the firewall service (afwServ.exe), but most likely a full system dump would be needed.

SafeSurf

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 01:00:45 PM »
Igor, will you be contacting Lukor or do you want me to PM him about this?  The OP has been very patient.  Or do you want the OP to do a full system dump for you?  Please specify.  Thank you.

TeKKie

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
Sooo ? what am i to do ? :)
Just wait or upload something else ?