Author Topic: Avast Internet Security not updating or is it?  (Read 3764 times)

mikef1234

Avast Internet Security not updating or is it?
« on: March 02, 2013, 03:45:10 AM »
This is the first real problem I have Ever had with Avast. I have the Avast Internet Security paid for version and I keep getting messages of failed update on Avast. On the program itself when I bring up the update window it says both program and definitions need updating. I go to update and the downloader says everything is up to date. What can or should I do?
Mike

Mr.Agent

Re: Avast Internet Security not updating or is it?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 03:48:26 AM »
Try a repair maybe ?

Mr.Agent

mikef1234

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 01:13:33 AM »
I found the problem! I saved it instead of letting it run from the download site and something in Windows was blocking my install! When installing it a popup window came up and asked if I wanted to block the install. I had the shields off on old version and closed any open webpages. I'm just wondering if it was Windows Defender blocking the install?
Mike

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 05:19:53 AM »
Check your Control Panel - Device Manager. Do you have avast! Firewall NDIS errors for the driver? If you get too many stacks of that, it will hinder a lot of your internet website access...can even sever your wireless internet connection entirely too. Try to manually disable those or uninstall them first.