Author Topic: how do i make exceptions!!!  (Read 35058 times)

sublimemovement

how do i make exceptions!!!
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:04:42 AM »
how do i make exceptions?

Taucher

Re: how do i make exceptions!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »
Hi

I am experiencing the same problem!

I am not able to express exeptions in Avast's real time module :(

I must exclude F:\_Eigene Bilder
but it does not work and I dont know how to add this into the standart module.

I tried:
F:\_Eigene Bilder
F:\_Eigene Bilder\
F:\_Eigene Bilder\*.*
F:\_Eigene Bilder\*\*
F:\_Eigene Bilder\*.jpg
F:\_Eigene Bilder\*\*.jpg

and Avast is still scanning jpg s when I browse them with my viewer (ascdsee) and yes I tried to exclude the Acdsee's DB too but well if F:\_Eigene Bilder is not working....

so what is the right template to add for exclusion`?

onlysomeone

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »
hi!

did you already try to go to the avast!-settings via rightclicking the avast-symbol in the taskbar - settings

go to exclusions (left parenthesis) or however it is called in the English version...

Add... via the third button on the right side you can choose which pathes you want to exclude...

does that help?

yours
onlysomeone

Taucher

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 01:04:20 PM »
That was already done by me
but I think I found the solution:

the syntax is:
anyfolder* without a slash or somethink. Seem to be the only way that works. So:

C:\MyPix*

works...
but
C:\MyPix\*
C:\MyPix\*.*
etc.
does not

cu

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 01:43:19 PM »
anyfolder* without a slash or somethink. Seem to be the only way that works. So:
but
C:\MyPix\*.*
etc.
does not
It should work ??? Strange... There should be no difference with the slash (only the folder and its contents are excluded).
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 09:49:16 AM »
There is no difference (well, there is, the first one would match even files that are not in that folder but the first part of their name is the same) - but in this case, both should work the same.

Taucher

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 10:12:33 AM »
Please excuse my stubborness but I am still confused.

to exclude all files in C:\MyPix the right syntax would be:

C:\MyPix*

and in order to exclude all files and subdirs in MyPix (existing ones and new ones ever created):

C:\MyPix\*.* is the right syntax?

And there is no difference in C:\MyPix* and C:\MyPix\* `??

Thank you!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »
No, the right syntax would be
It excludes all files in C:\MyPix, including all subfolders.
It is not possible to exclude only the files in C:\MyPix and not the files in its subfolders.

If you use C:\MyPix* - it will work too, but it will also exclude files like C:\MyPixListing.txt, also files in C:\MyPix2 or C:\MyPixAnything folders, etc.

Taucher

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »
Thank you very much Igor!

PS:
Would be great if the exclude window and functions were a bit more flexible. I mean long dirs are not easy to recognise for example and sorting 'd be great too. Thx.

Catoosa

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 09:57:24 PM »
I find the "Avast Help" files could offer a lot more information and examples on how to setup exceptions; However, the user may be better served to ask specific question here on "support forms". The help received here from other users is extraordinary.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 10:31:56 PM »
The help received here from other users is extraordinary.
You've found us... now, join us! ;)
Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)
The best things in life are free.

yona

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »
Thank you for the invitation.  I am an Avast user.  Lately I had to download and install Actual Spy Key logger because I found out that my teenager daughter was getting in forbidden activities on the internet. But now I am been blocked by Avast Shield after a recent update.  It keeps blocking hk.dll and putting it into the virus chest.  

Is there something wrong with this Software that I am not aware of and need to be? If not then how can I make an exception for this.  I tried the above steps before but it is still not allowing activity.

I understand why it should warn me about it, just in case it was maliciously installed by someone else, but seeing that I (the administrator) deliberately executed it, then should I not be able to except it?

Thank you for your support.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:33:47 AM by yona »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 08:36:27 PM »
Thank you for the invitation.  I am an Avast user.  Lately I had to download and install Actual Spy Key logger because I found out that my teenager daughter was getting in forbidden activities on the internet. But now I am been blocked by Avast Shield after a recent update.  It keeps blocking hk.dll and putting it into the virus chest.  

Is there something wrong with this Software that I am not aware of and need to be? If not then how can I make an exception for this.  I tried the above steps before but it is still not allowing activity.

I understand why it should warn me about it, just in case it was maliciously installed by someone else, but seeing that I (the administrator) deliberately executed it, then should I not be able to except it?

Thank you for your support.

Yona,

In general key loggers should be detected as they are a component of may types of malware. If you are going to use the program, try putting the entire program directory on the exceptions (Example C:\Program Files\Program Name\*). Also if the program stores any files elsewhere be sure to add those as well (check the path that avast is detecting the  hk.dll)

"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

yona

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »
Thank you Mac.

I had try to put the path into the exclusion option in settings, but was without success. Then in another thread I was told about the Shield File Scan exclusion settings.  So I set the folder path to the file in that and that settled the matter since.

I would like to thank you very much for your response and support.

erikfig

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
Thank you Mac.

I had try to put the path into the exclusion option in settings, but was without success. Then in another thread I was told about the Shield File Scan exclusion settings.  So I set the folder path to the file in that and that settled the matter since.

I would like to thank you very much for your response and support.

Hi Yona,

I have the same issue you had. Can you point me to those instructions that you followed? I also had to install a keylogger on my Pc for my kids and avast is blocking it.

Thanks in advance! :)