Author Topic: Possible FP?  (Read 1871 times)

dafydd

Possible FP?
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »
This morning a pop-up warning appeared from a screen-saver scan - Canon/ZoomBrowser.exe. This has never appeared before and the program has not been run for several months.

It showed up on both the C: drive and on the back-up E: drive which again has not been used for several months.

A scan of both says Win32:Malware-gen. Is this possibly a false positive?

(OS WinXP Pro, Avast! Free)

Help and advice welcome!

Regards,
dafydd.

g1207

Re: Possible FP?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 11:41:07 AM »
Yes, me too. I just wasted an hour this morning trying to re-install Canon Zoombrowser from CD only for Avast to delete it again. Setting the ZB program up in global exclusions doesn't seem to work either - duh!

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »
Yes, me too. I just wasted an hour this morning trying to re-install Canon Zoombrowser from CD only for Avast to delete it again. Setting the ZB program up in global exclusions doesn't seem to work either - duh!
Hello,
this exclusions are for scans not for specific shield which causes the detection.

Send the files to virus@avast.com and put "False positive" to email subject.

Milos

dafydd

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »
Further to my previous message, I have submitted the program using the automated form on the "Last Pop-up message".

I have returned the second copy of the program to the E: drive, temporarily disabled Avast!, and checked it with MalwareBytes which declares it clean.

Regards,
dafydd.

dafydd

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 10:31:57 PM »
Many thanks!!!
I have just checked and my copies of ZoomBrowser.exe have returned home from the virus chest and a scan with Avast! shows them clean.

Keep up the good work, although I am sure that the staff at Avast! never sleep!

Best regards,
dafydd