Author Topic: Avast Anti-Virus for Windows Phone???  (Read 101700 times)

Tilan123

Avast Anti-Virus for Windows Phone???
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:28:17 AM »
Hey guys

I've been a loyal Avast user for 8 years straight (and always installed it on systems I built for family and friends), and I have recently bought a HTC 7 Trophy, and I wanted to install an Avast anti-virus app, but unfortunately it isn't available. My sister has it on her android Galaxy S, but why not on Windows Phone?

PLEASE PLEASE make one for Windows Phone, Avast team! (If there isn't one under development)

Thank you!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Anti-Virus for Windows Phone???
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Hi,

unfortunately Windows Phone is not a very interesting platform :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_operating_system

Filip

Tilan123

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »
I believe Avast should anaylse the phone market very well and quickly start developing a Avast app. With the strong relationship with Nokia, Microsoft has boosted it's marketting and has made Windows Phone fairly popular. It is emering a lot faster than it was. So I believe it would be a smart move if Avast can realize this, rather than making a large people to wait for it to happen. It should be in the best interest of a software company to make their product compatible with almost anything! (Unless there was an inside relationship with a certain OS company).

Tilan123

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 02:59:42 PM »
Also, have a look at facebook at how many Windows Phone users there are at the moment. It's 1.8 million MONTHLY users. Not that many compared to Android, but it's still quite a large sum of people missing out on Avast! Also, it would be nice to make a PRO version that costs money because there is no competition at the moment for a good anti-virus on Windows Phone. So people wanting pro features can enjoy it at a price, and a free version for the everyday user :)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:04:14 PM by Tilan123 »

Tilan123

svehlak

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 12:17:57 AM »
Yes, there are many windows mobile users (according better sources than Facebook) and we are aware of it; everybody is waiting for windows 8 - afrer commercial release we will see how Microsoft deployed it. In case that the differencies will be minimal, you can be sure that avast! will be ready for Windows 8. if you need precise answer, please ask Vlk for more.

Tilan123

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
Thanks for the info Jan

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »
In case that the differencies will be minimal, you can be sure that avast! will be ready for Windows 8.
Ready for Mobile or PC?
If Mobile, why don't we see a previous version for Windows Mobile?
The best things in life are free.

Jean Philippe

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
The request for Avast for Windows Phone was totally logical, but the answers from you guys was not at all. First it was not an interesting platform... :( then you guys are waiting for windows phone 8 although millions of windows phone 7.5 wich will become 7.8 soon are going to be leftover... I have a windows phone 7 that became a 7.5 and will soon be a 7.8 and I am using windows 7 at home with a paid version of Avast Internet security. This is time for you guys to publish a free version for us, users of windows phone 7 !!! You give it to Android and others and you leave us behind. Did you know that the code for 7.5 and 8 is not that much different? Did you ever check with Microsoft about that, they have done some great work and we are waiting for you now!!!

PLEASE think again and rectify this big offense to all WIndows Phone 7 users

I am not planning on changing my phone because they have Windows Phone 8 out this month... I have to keep it until my provider offer me an upgrade! I want to be more protected now, not in a year!!!

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »
Perhaps, good enough reasons to not opt for a Windows Phone version of avast (yet).

"New applications compiled specifically for Windows Phone 8 will not be made available for Windows Phone 7.x devices."
"... devices currently running on Windows Phone 7.5 will not be on the receiving end of the long-awaited Apollo update ( aka Windows Phone 8 )."

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/20/microsoft-unveils-windows-phone-7-8-for-legacy-devices/
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

ashunainwal3

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 04:21:17 AM »
I AM ALSO USING AVAST FROM A LONG,, AND I HAVE INSTALLED IT IN 100's of PC ,, BT STILL WAITING FOR IT FOR MY PHONE,, AVAST SHOULD WORK ON ANTIVIRUS FOR WINDOWS PHONE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 02:22:33 PM »
I AM ALSO USING AVAST FROM A LONG,, AND I HAVE INSTALLED IT IN 100's of PC ,, BT STILL WAITING FOR IT FOR MY PHONE,, AVAST SHOULD WORK ON ANTIVIRUS FOR WINDOWS PHONE
With a market share of 1 - 2%? Microsoft is not winning the mobile battle...
The best things in life are free.

sliver

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 03:06:02 AM »
Look windows phone 8 is now highly advance!

Please make avast for windows phone.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:10:29 AM by sliver »

svehlak

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »
I suppose the new version of avast will be available in Store for X86 CPU based phones. AFAIK no planes for ARM.

Offline Steppen72

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »
Any news for wp8.1 with market share of more or less 10% ?