Author Topic: Avast bogging down scanner  (Read 2303 times)

rssimpson

Avast bogging down scanner
« on: January 04, 2007, 07:50:28 PM »
I have noticed that when I go to scan in a bunch of pictures, my scanner takes longer and longer to respond each time.  I then noticed the little blue circle with the A in it swirling constantly.  I then shut down avast all together and my scanner worked as it should.
Anyone else having these problems?
Anyone have a solution?
Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast bogging down scanner
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 08:22:17 PM »
Well, spining means avast is scanning.
You can disable WebShield provider to increase your speed. But you'll lose HTTP scanning (and its protection).
You need to balance performance & protection  ::)
The best things in life are free.

rssimpson

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 08:40:35 AM »
I checked my settings and there were a few set to high that I didn't realize.  Once I changed these, it started working right. 
Thanks for the input.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »
The default sensitivity setting for the providers is Normal, so you must have been tweaking ;D

High sensitivity on the Internet Mail provider is good as the additional security doesn't come with a performance hit, unless you are using some NNTP news accelerator. Network Shield moving the slider doesn't have any effect.

Welcome to the forums
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security