Author Topic: Problem with Avast Webshield  (Read 1832 times)

INSTICC

Problem with Avast Webshield
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »
Hi,

We have Avast 7 latest version deployed throughout the company and changing Antivirus is not an option.
We have some inhouse developed software that call some Webservices which are hosted outside of the company on a small cluster of servers we own and control.
We were getting some weird errors on these Webservices WCF calls and we have narrowed it down to Avast being the culprit.

This is what we have done so far:

1 - We have done a small command line test app that calls a given web service in a cycle until instructed to stop.
2 - We turn off Avast and we can call the webservice without a hitch, I have done this more then 7000 times in a row without a single error. The time that one of these calls takes to run is about 5 seconds.
3 - We turn on Avast.
4 - Webshield starts interfering with the time in calls. The calls start to take arounf 50 seconds, after half an hour they grow to 1:45 and then the time-out starts.
5 - I have tried adding mime exclusions to "service/svc" but to no avail. I hav also selected the exe file and excluded it in webshield but the result is the same.
6 - I turn off Webshield and everything works for 1 or 2 hours. After this period another "Shiled" kicks in and I start getting the same problems.
7 - Solution - I disable all the shields in Avast and it runs fine.

Does anyone have a similar issue or knows how to completely exclude a certain software and its  calls from the entire Antivirus?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards, Helder.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Problem with Avast Webshield
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »
Have you tried setting exclusion through the avast Shield which are configuarable such as the File Shield. If you haven't open it up > Expert Setting > Exclusions. You should be able to do that to the main shields.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

INSTICC

Re: Problem with Avast Webshield
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
Hi,

Yes I did, it simply makes the service run slower. Instead of taking 5 seconds like it should it hovers around 30. :(

Regards, Helder.