Author Topic: Windows opens unlimited trz ***.tmp files  (Read 6709 times)

Borgqueenx

Windows opens unlimited trz ***.tmp files
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »
After i did a reboot today, i suddenly have windows trying to open millions of trz[number].tmp files.
How do i solve this and what is this virus trying to do.

Before windows starts i still have the possibility to end a few processess in task manager but it doesnt seems to stop the virus from trying to open millions of those tmp files.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Windows opens unlimited trz ***.tmp files
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
I'd say it's not really a virus opening the files, but rather avast! trying to move the infected files to chest.
You should probably tell us more about what's going on... do you get any detections or warnings? How are you checking the "file opens"? ...

Borgqueenx

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:00:21 PM »
Simply millions of pop ups...
I start windows and after like 5 seconds or so these windows pop up. Telling me windows doesnt reconise a .tmp file and if i want to search on the internet how to open it.
Such a window opens ever 0,01 second.

I just booted into save mode and i searched for those damned files and yes, in the folder of the start menu wich contains the shortcuts wich windows should boot on startup, contained about 39.000 .tmp files. Removed them all. It was a total of about 1gb.

Im not going to boot into normal mode again because i think its a virus who has been making this crap. I simply hope it created those files with zero's inside instead of converting my real files into s**t.

And i also performed a full scan in avast in save mode, nothing found.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:02:29 PM by Borgqueenx »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:36 PM »
Simply millions of pop ups...
hmmm...maybe a file infector..

follow the guide here and attach the log`s   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0  and essexboy will have a look when he arrive

Lower left corner > additional options > attach
If logs are to big you may upload to http://www.mediafire.com/ and post the download link here
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:04:29 PM by Pondus »