Author Topic: Cancel Automatic Renewal  (Read 84958 times)

MAG

Re: Cancel Automatic Renewal
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 10:44:24 PM »
I've logged into my avast order with digital river ok.

What I can't find is anywhere within my order that mentions autorenewal status, or how I can cancel autorenewal.

My order was in May 2011 - perhaps that was before they started the autorenewal scheme?

555py

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 01:58:50 AM »
Hello everybody, I took the time to register to this forum, so people don't have to waste their time trying to find out how and where to cancel their automatic renewal subscription from Avast.
To be honest, I think Avast is really making it hard for somebody to get to the right place to do this, I spent time looking for a link or reading their stupid faqs about this but couldn't find iany, not even loggin in into my account!
Came to find out that, you have to contact the customer service human robots at digitalriver.com to get this done, you have to know your order number, which came in your confirmation email when you first purchased the software.
Their number is (952) 908-4150
Hope this help and for this reason Avast you just lost a customer.

Gorg

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 02:29:25 AM »
It's there in the checkout screen. I posted a screenshot it your other thread, 555py.

tlawren

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 08:06:55 PM »
Cancel my automatic renewal order#12030098144    I have a new computer and subscribed to a new service through you.

Timothy Lawrence

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 04:27:20 AM »
cancel automatic renewal

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 04:30:07 AM »
Invoice ID: 107077-2, cancel automatic renewal

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 10:20:34 AM »
   I would like to cancel my automatic renewal  Name Gary Wakeley e-mail gwakely@roadrunner.com

I.D. no 14001775542

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 12:46:42 PM »
Order ID:15997167428
I wish to cancel Automatic renewal
Marlene Anderson

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 11:32:20 PM »
  I have not used their product for months. When I tried to cancel my subscription, they said when I uninstalled AVAST the debits would stop.  3 months in a row they kept doing it.  Then I got an email from avast explaining how to log in and select cancel subscription.  I followed the instructions, and that option did not exist. I called avast and asked them what the problem was, and the lady in customer support said the email instructions I was following were erroneous (their own instructions) and that I had to put it into to a support order, and select cancel subscription as that option. Again I went into avast, and that option did not not exist as well.  I did send a complaint with the description of the problem.  I got an automated reply from avast saying my work order was being reviewed and they would contact me. but no reply.  Today I called Avast technical support, and they said they could not help.  I feel avast is a scam. I hate them worse than cancer and the plague.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:48:39 AM by josephmjessup »

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 11:40:56 PM »

Cancel my auto renewal   Order ID: 14115025800

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
They charged my card again, even though I went through the steps AVAST instructed me to do.  Total SCAM.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 08:45:48 PM »
Pay with PayPal, you can go to that account and cancel any future payments to Digital River. Problem solved, they can't auto renew...at least they won't get paid for it.rasyxk

Offline Sorzy

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 05:02:12 AM »
If you have your order confirmation, go to/get it and click on the order portal link.

Once there, go back to the order confirmation and copy and paste both the order ID and the password they gave you. Once where that takes you, click on manage subscription. Once where that takes you, look for automatic renewals and make sure the off box/circle is checked. Or, if you want them to automatically bill you for renewal, check that box. Whatever you do, go back in and make sure your selection is what you want, if you changed it from what it was, because I didn't and don't see a save changes button/tab. But then mine was already set to off for automatic renewals because when I placed my order I saw it and made sure it was off before completing my order.

Hope this helps!!!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 12:36:42 AM »
Paying attention to what you agree to when installing the program always helps
as shown in this video:
http://youtu.be/lMbJXy2lXQ4
It's always easier to prevent this type of situation by making sure it doesn't exist in the first place.
If you didn't catch the auto renewal option at installation than you can change it under the renewal option in your
my.avast.com account.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »
This is my first day of having Avast, and I hate it already. I agree with others that it seems like a scam. However, I think I have found the answer to this question... sadly, some 2 years after the OP asked it and never received an adequate answer.

When I purchased a year of Avast Internet Security (plus yes, I did try Grimefighter because I have been having some PC issues and want extend the life of my computer a little longer before I have to buy another, and hoping this will improve its performance), it went through this thing Digital River, and I was given no choice at all to opt out. If I wanted the software, it said clearly on my purchase page that I would be automatically enrolled in an autorenewal program - which I think is about the lowest thing a company could ever do to its customer. What that would likely mean for me, is well after I've forgotten about the details of this purchase, and well after I've stopped using the card I put it on (but did not cancel said card), I would receive a charge I did not ask for, I would then not pay it because as far as I'm aware I am not using that credit card, and my perfect credit would be destroyed over some POS scam like AVAST. So, extremely not cool, and Avast has lost major points with me. Much worse, I have wasted 2 hours of my time trying to figure this out, because Avast goes out of their way to not tell you anything about it, and the account home page is totally worthless, with no useful settings I can change whatsoever. [Plus, why is there a picture of an American flag that says "Europe, English," and a Canadian English, and yet another Europe, English?? There is no such thing as the US?... The means for even installing this nonsense was made far from clear. So clearly this company is far from intuitive and user-friendly, which is surprising given the great ratings they had which prompted me to buy it. OK, no time for ranting... back to the topic at hand.]

However, for those who have been affected the same way I was, here is how you get out of it:

Find the email you received for your new Avast subscription. It will have a password on it, an order ID #, and if you scroll towards the bottom, there will be a paragraph about the autorenewal called "Auto-Renewal Plan Terms." Near the bottom of that paragraph, it says "You may cancel your auto-renewal plan at any time by logging into the My Subscriptions portal." The phrase "My Subscriptions portal" is a link - you must click on it, there is no other way to access this autorenewal anywhere, and you certainly can't get to it from within your Avast account.

In my case, this is the link, but I can't guarantee you it will be the right link for you, seeing as it is specific to my country and language, etc.:
https://store.avast.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=avast&Locale=en_US

Once there, you need to enter the order ID# and password sent to you in that email. From there, you can click on the blue button "Manage Subscription."

For some strange reason, when I did so, it said my subscription was already on Manual, with Auto-Renewal Off. So maybe this is yet another glitch with Avast, and not actually something that will happen to most customers despite the claims on Avasts' purchase page that it will happen to you without choice. I don't know. I just know they told me it would Autorenew, and then when I went in to change that, it seemed that I had wasted 2 hours researching this for nothing. Whatever. At least it says it's off, so hopefully I will not be charged by these idiots.

A note, it would seem that the Autorenewal function does not affect programs outside of the actual anti-virus ("Internet Security"), since there is no place to log in for Grimefighter, etc. So if you purchased an additional program, it would seem that these are not auto-renewed since they are not seen as essential, just Internet Security. Still obnoxious, and even more so if you bought a multi-year subscription so that this will REALLY be a surprise when the time comes.

Hopefully, this explanation will help others who read that fine print on their purchase and were like - wait, WHAT??! Hopefully my wasted morning will save you a little extra time.