Author Topic: Purchased 4.8 Pro and need a way to get a license file for 5.0!  (Read 3259 times)

Offline illavbill

I've searched all over and finally gave up and came to the forum to ask the question as I'm sure i'll be able to figure it out here.   

I purchased the Avast Pro with two or three years up upgrades and updates.
When I upgraded to 5.0 it didn't bother me for the license file (that I remember)
So I had to reinstall my OS three days ago my Avast Pro wants me to insert a license file that I can't seem to find or find any reference to how to get a new one sent to me.  Very frustrating.  It should be in the FAQs or something.  I submitted a ticket but I'm still waiting on a response. 

Anybody have way to get this dang thing sent again lol?

Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Purchased 4.8 Pro and need a way to get a license file for 5.0!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 03:02:46 AM »
Updating to avast 5 would convert the license information from 4.8 pro, so you wouldn't need to enter the license key, and the expiry date would have been carried forward from 4.8 also.

If you have the email that you received with your license included it is possible to convert that.
- avast! 5 Pro license convert from 4.8 Pro license. Try http://www.avast.com/resend-license.php now, fill in the form giving your email and 4.8 Pro License key and they will send the new license file to you (presumably it will check you have a legit 4.8 Pro license first).

If you can't find that, try contacting sales (at) avast (dot) com and give as much information as possible, date of purchase and email address used on purchase and they may be able to find it. I suggest you save this securely if they can find it. This would still be in the avast 4.8 license format I believe, so you may need to convert that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline illavbill

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 03:25:39 AM »
Thanks man.  I really appreciate it.

Avast team - You should REALLY give that link provided above in your support section for product keys.

;D

Offline illavbill

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 03:32:09 AM »
Well that was quick.  Took my POS email server longer to search through my old messages for the 4.8 key than it took to get the file delivered.  Great info!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 04:04:56 AM »
Thanks man.  I really appreciate it.

Avast team - You should REALLY give that link provided above in your support section for product keys.

;D

No problem, glad I could help.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security