Author Topic: Accidently moved to chest, and need to recover the file  (Read 12312 times)

Qi

Accidently moved to chest, and need to recover the file
« on: October 23, 2009, 02:14:44 PM »
The program made me take the action 'Move to chest', and now I need to recover that file on my USB stick. How do I do that?
I am a bit desperate...

Thank you.
/Qi

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: Accidently moved to chest, and need to recover the file
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:38:40 PM »
Welcome to the forums Qi,

Open avast's virus chest > Right click the file > Restore

*Don't forget to plug-in your USB before doing this.
**Please make sure that the file is not infected before doing any further actions. You may check it via VirusTotal.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Qi

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 05:39:15 PM »
Welcome to the forums Qi,

Open avast's virus chest > Right click the file > Restore

*Don't forget to plug-in your USB before doing this.
**Please make sure that the file is not infected before doing any further actions. You may check it via VirusTotal.

:DThanks for the greeting! :D
Thanks also for the help with solving my problem. Trojan32 or something similar, it said. Thing is, it works fine on one computer, but on another one it always warns. I just click ignore, and the message 'No viruses!' comes up. But this one time I accidentally clicked 'Move to chest'...

Cheers,
/Qi.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:22:56 PM »
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashLogV.exe

- Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log and copy and paste the entry.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security